Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Broken condom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Broken condom
vivi1324
Activist
Member # 57703

Icon 4 posted      Profile for vivi1324     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend were about to have sex he had a condom on and he stuck like half way in but i stopped him after like a minute. But then i got very worried so i started to check the condom. I stretched the condom until it broke but then the next day i checked it again there was a hole i dont know if it was me who broke it or the sex broke it but we really didnt do it hard or barely moved.? can i get pregnant ... im really worried
Posts: 60 | From: us | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's really obvious when a condom breaks or has a hole, and you'd definitely notice if the condom was broken before you had sex. There is no reason to check condoms after sex. When they break they tend to look like a busted balloon, and it's really obvious. The little hole you noticed was caused by you stretching it.

You also did not say if he ejaculated or not, but it doesn't sound like he did. If he didn't then the risk is even lower still. You did not have unprotected genital intercourse which is necessary for pregnancy to occur.

Here are a couple articles you should read:
Pregnancy Scared?
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

[ 03-05-2011, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: CoatRack ]

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vivi1324
Activist
Member # 57703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vivi1324     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea he didnt ejaculate in me and i was kinda on my period at the time beening thanks for the help
Posts: 60 | From: us | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being on your period does not protect from pregnancy - you can get pregnant at any time during your cycle, so don't count on that to keep you safe in the future.

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vivi1324
Activist
Member # 57703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vivi1324     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes i know that but it usually means your not ovulating so im safe right because i heard tht precum doesnt contain sperm if a guy urinates after the last ejaculation is that true ?
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Precum does not usually contain sperm, that's correct. However our bodies are not machines and unless you chart your cycles very closely, on a daily basis, you really can't know when you ovulate.

--------------------

vivi1324
Activist
Member # 57703

so im pretty safe cause if a condom was broken it would be easily noticed and he really didnt go in completely at all ? and even if it did leak the precum most likely wouldnt have sperm cause he urinated
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vivi1324
Activist
Member # 57703

would it be safe than cause im really parinod cause after my period there was still a little redish discharge and my ccervix postion is very high up is it cause i have a 38 day cycle ?
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, you're looking at cervical positioning,but unless you chart consistently, that's not a good method to go with. Best thing to do is just relax, really not seeing a viable risk here.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vivi1324
Activist
Member # 57703

Im sorry im kinda annoying when it comes to this but i just feel like the risk is that little hole in the tip of the condom i cant tell was it the sex or that it was already there or was it i was pulling on it too hard afterwards to check its durability
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're not going to be able to know, just like you aren't. But since your partner still did not ejaculate, a risk here seems low at best.

That said, if it's past time when you can use Plan B, all you can do is wait this out.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vivi1324
Activist
Member # 57703

wait does vitamin c work cz i cnt get plan b n i heard vitamin c works
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vitamin C is not an emergency contraceptive, no.

If you're asking about using it to terminate a pregnancy, it usually fails there, too, but if that's what you're asking about, you'd have to be pregnant first to terminate a pregnancy anyway.

In other words, if it's been weeks since this happened, you don't have to wait to test for pregnancy. And until you did and got a positive result, it wouldn't make sense to talk about how you could (and cannot_ safely terminate a pregnancy.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vivi1324
Activist
Member # 57703

but can you obviously tell if a alittle hole is in a condom o_o cause i did check often
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

As we said above, when condoms break they tend to shred. Think of a balloon that's been put through too much for it's durability (also a latex product) when they pop they shred. When condoms break it's much the same idea. Here you were stretching the condom - which it was not made to be used like that. I don't see any reason to suspect it was there before and not from you stretching the condom the way you did. Best thing you can do for yourself right now is try and relax.

--------------------

vivi1324
Activist
Member # 57703

Thanks this helped me alot im just tryna find out all the factors but thank you for the help

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.