Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ???
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunkissedx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
polycysitc ovaries cause infertility ? i was diagnosed a few month back but it was only a couple of cysts , can you take medication to take that away ?
Posts: 119 | From: Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Polycystic ovaries may or may not cause infertility depending on how much of the ovaries are involved; this can only be answered by your Dr. The same can be said about what your treatment should be. I wish I could give you some answers; but this type of situation can only be answered by a Dr who has all your information along with their expertise and knowledge.

I do wish you the best of luck and good fortune with diagnoses.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunkissedx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thankyou , he didnt give me any medication or want to give me medication for this though so does that mean i musnt of needed it as there was only a little bit. i was diagnosed it was just this month he'd scanned me
Posts: 119 | From: Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you still have any concerns and questions about if there is any possibility of future infertility or anything else, you should contact his office and ask them to explain things until you have a better understanding. It sounds promising that the Dr did not seem concerned. [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

the thing is i had a daft phase with an ex and we didnt use anything for around 3 and a half months and nothing happened. id always go to the toilet and it would just cum out when i went to pass urine, can this effect it ?
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

No, sexual activity does not effect PCOS.

If you want more information on PCOS I can give some links to a couple of websites.

--------------------
Dan

sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

no what i mean is , i was sort of trying to prevent pregnany by pushing the cum out when i went to the loo, and i never ever got pregnant ?
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you got very lucky. Even pushing/taking out the ejaculate after intercourse does not mean there isn't a pregnancy risk. Any ejaculate that might have made it through the cervix (depending on where you are in your monthly cycle) could still cause a pregnancy. This also poses substantial STI risks. That's why using reliable methods of contraception is really important.

Makes sense?

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.