Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Decidual bleeding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Decidual bleeding
Serpico##$&
Neophyte
Member # 51649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpico##$&     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, its me again. Me and my girlfriend were messing around. I posted about it when it happened and I was told there probably wasnt a risk. Then she had her period so I posted again asking if that meant we were free ofpregnancy risk no matter what. I was told yes that her period meant she couldnt be pregnant. Well I was reading on the internet trying to educate my self as much as possible. I read an article about decidual bleeding. Now im afraid again. Im afraid what she thought was her period was in fact decidual bleeding. My question is, how do you tell the diffetence in the two. Im scared to death. I wont go into why, but it is just not possible for her to get a pregnancy test. So this is really all I have to go on and help would surw be appreciated.
Posts: 19 | From: United states | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Decidual bleeding is fairly rare. If something looks like a period, acts like a period, and happens around the time it is expected, it probably is a period. As well, for a pregnancy to occur, there has to be a real risk.

Honestly, if you two and still scared and nervous, it sounds like whatever the barrier, y'all need to work out just getting a taking that pregnancy test, okay? I'm sure it's not impossible, because I can't envision the scenario which would make getting one -- either at home or in a clinic, where it's often free -- impossible.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bleeding during pregnancy tends to be lighter than a period (usually more like spotting) and not regular, like periods are. If she got her period when she was supposed to, and it was a normal period for her, then you can rest assured she is not pregnant.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpico##$&
Neophyte
Member # 51649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpico##$&     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah there wasnt any direct genital contact. The main thing I was worried about was manual sex. Hoping there was no semen on my hands. I dont think there was but I wasnt 100% sure.
Posts: 19 | From: United states | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Without any genital contact, unless your hand was literally dripping with semen, pregnancy is a non-issue. Infection can happen that way, but not pregnancy.

Heather has a good point though - a pregnancy test might be well worth it just for your peace of mind.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpico##$&
Neophyte
Member # 51649

Ok well thanks again. The only reason I was even worried at all is because it said on some website that decidual bleeding unlike implantation bleeding is every bit as heavy as a period. But it looks like you said above that that is not so.
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I answered your question on bleeding during pregnancy in your other thread here. In the future - when you have two posts that are about the same thing and one is such a current post, it's best to ask the question in the same post rather than making a new one. Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpico##$&
Neophyte
Member # 51649

OK sorry about that. I will in the future.
Serpico##$&
Neophyte
Member # 51649

This question just came to me. This really should be all I need to know. When talking about bleeding during pregnancy, is decidual bleeding light like implantation bleeding or is it different? Thats actually the main thing im confused about.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.