Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » cramps after period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cramps after period
scaredlilmonster
Neophyte
Member # 50943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredlilmonster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone of you got cramps after period? exactly 2 days after my period i got cramps agen. it is very weird. is this even normal? what can be the causes? (this happend for 2 months now)

--------------------
___i need your help___

Posts: 35 | From: japan | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the only time you're having cramps, two months in a row? In other words, for the last two months, you have ONLY had cramps 2 days after your period was totally over?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredlilmonster
Neophyte
Member # 50943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredlilmonster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes. for 2 months, every 2 days after my period i get cranps on the right side of lower abdomen. is this because of hormonal fluctuations? or mittelschmerz? [Confused]

i thinks it's too early for ovulation pains. i know im not pregnant now. I am very sure because you told me that ther's no way i can get pregnant by that but when i get post menstrual cramps i get scared. [Eek!]

thank you [Smile]

[ 01-19-2011, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: scaredlilmonster ]

Posts: 35 | From: japan | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredlilmonster
Neophyte
Member # 50943

i am also charting my cm now. what does it mean if it was dry for 2 days then became cloudy tacky for 2 days then dry agen. how come no ewcm? and please help me with the cramps. i wanna know what is the cause
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not going to be able to tell you why you are getting those cramps. But if you find it happenes often a few days after your period ends, I think it's likely it's about the end of your period. It may be some last contractions from your uterus, for instance.

With the charting, if you're going to do it, are you doing it daily now, not just sometimes? Have you gotten yourself a book to help explain all of this so that it's something useful for you, rather than -- which it seems like it might be to date -- someone to get you more worried?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredlilmonster
Neophyte
Member # 50943

Icon 5 posted      Profile for scaredlilmonster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes. i am charting everyday now. i saw my cm became dry to absent-tacky to chouldy sticky then went back to dry! it didnt even go to ewcm. i read your FAM and understood it but why no ewcm? im scared because i dont want the trauma of having no period and thinking im pregnant even after 3 normal period.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible to have cycles in which ovulation doesn't happen. Also, ovulation won't occur at exactly the same time each cycle. Given how short a time you've been charting, you really want to stick with it for a few months before making any predictions/assumptions about your cycle. A few days of cervical mucus really isn't going to tell you anything.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredlilmonster
Neophyte
Member # 50943

Icon 11 posted      Profile for scaredlilmonster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do you mean that if i dont get ewcm i do not ovulate? im really worried because the last period i got was a week late and my mom thought i was pregnant. i do not want that to happen agen because it was traumatic [Frown]

oh please help me. i dont want to be scared about pregnancy agen

[ 01-20-2011, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: scaredlilmonster ]

--------------------
___i need your help___

scaredlilmonster
Neophyte
Member # 50943

anyone?

--------------------
___i need your help___

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This article might help you get started with charting: Get With the Flow: All About FAM

But like Karybu said, I'd not put a whole lot of stock in it just yet, as you are only getting started and don't have much experience yet. It takes a while to get really good at figuring out what you're looking at.

Also, you've just had a period. Let's try and not worry about the next one just yet, okay? If and when your period is late, we can talk about that. But for now, you're doing just fine.

In the meantime, do you think you can maybe talk to your mother about how much pressure she is putting on you, and how stressed that makes you feel?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredlilmonster
Neophyte
Member # 50943

im having really sore breast and it get more painful when i run/jump. could this be PMS now?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scared, I would really encourage you to try and stop putting your body under the microscope like that and paying attention to every little change in your body. I understand that you are stressed and experiencing a lot of pressure, but you are only making it worse by watching yourself so closely and questioning yourself so much.

Please try to relax, okay? You've just had a period and you're obviously not pregnant.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.