Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnancy scare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy scare
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so ive been really worried over the past couple of days, and im not sure but i feel like i might be at risk for pregnancy. i read through the pregnancy scare article, but i just want to be sure. last night, as was well as several nights ago in a row, my boyfriend and i were having dry and oral sex. we kept our underwear on when he was rubbing up on, but i was pretty wet and i think he pre-cummed a bit too. i did eventually take my underwear off, but he made sure not to rub up on me again. im not sure but i think at one point he may have touched himself then fingered me a while later, but its hard to remember. he didnt come at all near my vulva, and he had always gone to the bathroom beforehand. we try to pretty careful, but im worried he may have gotten some pre-cum around my vulva at some point.

im not on the pill, and weve never had actual sexual intercourse. my last period ended the 13th of dec and im pretty sure i ovulated about two weeks after. at that time we were having no contact at all (he was out of town). i have a history of being a bit irregular, both in the time of flow and in symptoms beforehand. i was having my typical pms symptoms last week, but theyve pretty much gone away now, although my breats are a little tender still. i havent gotten my period yet and todays the 11th.

i know this seems like a lot, but im just really worried and i want to be thorough. am i at risk? should i do a pregnancy test or invest in EC? [Frown]

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to make sure I am clear: at any point, did you two have DIRECT genital-to-genital contact? As in, his penis was on your vulva at all?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no, not at all.
Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then it is not at all likely you had any pregnancy risks here.

But if you're not 100% sure, and your period is late, you can always take a pregnancy test so you can be sure.

I'm heading off soon, but if you want to talk more tomorrow, we can check in and make sure that moving forward, you're not taking any risks you don't want to and doing all you can to reduce those risks, okay?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, thanks so much for the help. ill probably take a test just to be sure.
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

i am also a bit sick with a cold at the moment, so could that relate to the lessened pms symptoms/slightly late period?
Heather
Member # 3

A whole lot of things can make a period late. Here's a piece that talks about what some of them are: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

thank you, that article was very helpful as well.
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

so i took a pregnancy test this afternoon and it came back negative. this helped me relax quite a bit, as well as the fact that i seem to be having some of my normal pms symptoms. but if i go another week without getting my period, should i do another test? is there a possibility of a false negative?
Heather
Member # 3

False negatives are very rare when a test is taken properly and is not taken too early.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

ok. i still feel a little bit nervous though. i woke up yesterday morning feeling a bit sick to my stomach, but didnt think much of it. i woke up this morning though with a really bad upset stomach/nausea. it eventually went away after about a half an hour. could this be a sign of pregnancy?? or am i just being paranoid? should i take another pregnancy test in a few days?

also, im going to the doctor's on monday for a check-up and to discuss birth control options, and im gonna bring all of this up when im there.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.