Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » 9 Days Late...Worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 9 Days Late...Worried
Daten91
Neophyte
Member # 51880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daten91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After browsing around for a while I realized each situation can be different so here goes:

My boyfriend and I were visiting for the holidays and had 'dry sex'. He had his boxers on and I had on a thick pair of sweats and panties. He ended up ejaculating and we checked all our clothes: his boxers, my sweats, and panties. There was a wet spot on the outside of my sweats but I just couldn't tell if it had soaked through to my panties or not. When he ejaculated his penis wasn't directly on my vagina; more near my hip or along the top. This was on Dec. 25th.

The holidays ended up being extremely stressful for us both and I heard stress can sometimes delay a period...

My last period started Nov. 28, and I've been expecting it since Dec. 28. It's the 6th and still no period, though I've been having minor cramps, clear discharge, sore breasts and lower back pain, which usually happens when I menstruate...

I'm worried because my period hasn't been this late since middle school, and I'm 19 now. Can sperm go through 3 layers of clothing?

Posts: 3 | From: NV | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Daten,

The situation you've described does not sound like a pregnancy risk - sperm don't survive very long outside the body and it's very unlikely they would seep through 3 layers of clothing.

The symptoms you've described could definitely be your period on the way - if it doesn't arrive in the next few days and you're still worried then you can consider taking a test.

However it doesn't sound like something to worry about. [Smile]

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daten91
Neophyte
Member # 51880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daten91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the prompt reply, Rebecca, I really appreciate it [Big Grin]
Posts: 3 | From: NV | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.