Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Ew ew ew just noticed a discharge, std?!?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ew ew ew just noticed a discharge, std?!?!?!
martinafranklyn
Neophyte
Member # 50581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martinafranklyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'll tell you the whole story.

Started sleeping with my Bf a couple of weeks ago I was a virgin, he was not.
We used condoms at all times except when I gave him oral.
He's told me from early on in our relationship that he was clean of STDS and it was the checkup he last had was his 'birthday present' to himself (his birthday was a year ago.)
Anyway a few days into having sex I noticed an irritating itching that last a couple of days.

I thought perhaps I was allergic to Latex but changed my soap and it went away for a week so I didn't think it was a latex allergy after all.

We ran out of condoms on Wednesday and decided to have unprotected sex. He again assured me he was clean of STDS and we agreed I could take the morning after pill.
The sex was great unprotected,I took the pill the next day. And bought condoms at the pharmacy at the same time for next time.

Anywho we were having sex last night (thursday) and it was surprisingly painful for me. I've always had a wee bit of pain cause he's quite big and we do a variety of positions that sometimes stretch me about a bit.

But this time it was a very bad burning and stretching feeling and I could barely stand penetration. I was on top, and thought maybe I'd injured myself one weds night (we did a lot of cowgirl on wednesday) so we switched to me on the bottom and took it slowly.
Eventually I was fine and we banged away quite happy as per usual.

Today I woke up with no pain or anything, nothing seemed different in the slightest.
However, after work today I squatted down to pick something up and smelt something gross.

At first I didn't realise it was me.
I looked in my underwear and there was some damp staining which isn't unusual as sometimes I get a bit sweaty but I sniffed it a GOD it was disgusting!

Like a really overpowering fishy stench, ew ew ew ew ew ew.....I went to the bathroom and had a wee prod about and my entire vagina smells like that....it also started itching a bit and burning too :'(

I changed clothes and could still smell it while I sat in the staffroom, through my jeans just sat on a chair. My underwear was clean this morning and I had a nice bath last night (before sex)....

What the hell is it???
I know you will advise me to go to a doctor but I'm not registered at my local practise yet so need help now until I can get an appointment.

Is there anything I can take, pills etc? Is it an infection? Possible latex allergy still?

I've never used condoms whilst doing Oral and have had no issues that way....

Should I go without sex for a while and see if it clears up? I'll be asking my BF about his sexual history when I see him later.

Help!

Posts: 14 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, first things first. I want to make sure that you know that the way to protect yourself from infections well, the way we know from public health works better than anything (besides just not having sex) is:
to use latex barriers (like condoms) for any and all oral, anal and/or vaginal sex for at least the first 6 months of a relationship
to EACH get a NEW full STI screening at the end of that six months.

Then, and only if you and someone else have been exclusive that whole time and will stay so, can you ditch condoms and figure your risks are probably very small.

The fact that this guy had an STI panel a year ago with negative results doesn't do anything for you here, nor does it mean you're in the clear. That was some time ago, and if he had any sexual partners in the maentime, it's also irrelevant now. Same goes with his sexual history. All the same, you still need the condoms.

Now, I'm not sure any of this has anything to do with your itching, but either way, it's time for you to go and get some sexual healthcare, to get looked at for the symptoms you have been having and to get your own STI screening.

Not knowing what this is, we can't help you treat it, and most infections can't be treated with over the counter treatments, anyway. If the smell you're catching is particularly fishy, that suggests you might have some kind of bacterial infection or imbalance, and you need prescribed treatment for that.

In the meantime, lay off of the sex, okay? It also sounds like you two need to have some talks about things like making sure you always do have condoms, both per STIs, but also because Plan B is less effective birth control than most other methods, so you really don't want to be doing that if you can't help it if you do not want to become pregnant.

For this healthcare and testing, is there a GUM clinic near you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martinafranklyn
Neophyte
Member # 50581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martinafranklyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is a GUM clinic?
Posts: 14 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're the sexual health clinics in the UK: https://www.drthom.com/gum_clinic/scotland

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

How are you doing with this?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.