Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Passing after Abortion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Passing after Abortion
Botanical Melody
Neophyte
Member # 40161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Botanical Melody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been several weeks since my medical abortion. I went for my follow up and everything was fine. Since then I've have sex once, but everything's been okay thus far. I did spot once and put myself back on the after care restrictions for five days with no spotting like the doctor instructed.

Just now I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I was spotting. So I wiped another time and this time there was something on the paper. I'm not sure how to discribe it, other than meaty. Like, it wasn't like a clot. More so like something tissue-like with grayish matter on the other side. What could this be? Could it be related to the abortion? I don't know whether or not to be worried about it.

I don't know if this is related, but I pulled a muscle in my back the other day and had some of the pain killers from the abortion left over, so last night I took some of those for my back pain. I've been working pretty much nonstopped and school's started back. Between three jobs and school I'm like a walking zombie. I remember having some cramps, but I attributed it to gas or something.

I'd appreciate any help - thanks!

Posts: 9 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Botanical Melody. Heather, our site director and who normally answers abortion questions, is on vacation for a couple of days. My advice is to keep an eye on things and watch for any pain, unusual discharge, or other signs of infection and call the doctor if anything seems out of the ordinary. How are you feeling otherwise? It sounds like you've been pretty stressed lately. Is there any way you can lighten your daily stresses?

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Botanical Melody
Neophyte
Member # 40161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Botanical Melody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What exactly are signs of infection so that I know what to look for? :] Thanks for you advice.

I'm feeling okay - just tired. haha. I've been working three jobs during the summer vacation and won't be back down to my normal two jobs until the end of September. I'm waking up really early and going non stopped until either 9, 10, or midnight, depending on which job I have that evening. I think I'm starting to burn out a little. :] I took a yoga class today and that seemed to help, so maybe I'll start doing that more often when I can. And squeezing naps in, haha. Other than that, I'm unsure of anything else. I know I would feel better if I started eating better and lost some weight. I've been basically survinving on take out and other unhealthy foods for awhile now. I've been staying with my boyfriend and his parents. I try really hard not to make my pressence overly apparent since his dad doesn't really want me staying here, so I'm not able to cook or anything. Hopefully that'll change if we can get an apartment in the near future [Razz] Geeze, I'm rambling now [Big Grin]

Posts: 9 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things to see a doctor about:

*Lasting or severe pain and cramps that don't subside, even with painkillers;
* Discoloured or smelly discharge;
* Abnormal tenderness of the breasts and sickness two weeks after the abortion;
* Frequent passing of large clots;
* A high temperature;
* Continuous and heavy bleeding for more than two days afterwards.

Honestly though? If you feel something is off or something may be wrong, it's best just to check in with the doctor anyway. Nothing wrong in being on the safe side.

[ 08-25-2010, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.