Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » lateness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lateness
imogenasksyou
Neophyte
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imogenasksyou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is getting sore breasts when your period is due possibally a sign of pregannacy, like could it happen at the same time? im 7 days late and stressing out, but i usually get sore breasts before my period so this is good but just found out its also a sign of pregnancy! and also is there any way of bringing my period on?
Posts: 19 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you had any pregnancy risks? If so, you can go ahead and take a pregnancy test now to get an answer.

The first pregnancy symptom is nearly always a missed period--other symptoms tend to follow after several weeks, so it's likely a bit too early for breast tenderness to be due to pregnancy.

If the pregnancy test comes back negative, you can test again in another week--you may just be skipping a period, which happens sometimes. If it comes back positive, we can talk through your options with you.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogenasksyou
Neophyte
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imogenasksyou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theres only slight pregnancy risk, but anyway i took a pregnancy test, three actually and all were negative.

i have had glandular fever could this delay my period?
my breasts are still really sore but still no period has come.

with the tests all being negative is there any chance i could still be pregnant?

my periods now 2 weeks late

Posts: 19 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.