Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Timing Issues...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Timing Issues...
Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bragorien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So me and my boyfriend don't often get time alone together, and when we do, we tend to use taht time *ehem* wisely and productively.

Basicallymy first chance in two months to be alone with him, is tomorrow. Well.. today technically.. it's 00:48.. and I was feeling a little psyched for it, so I was doing some touching. And Great, blood. SO UNFAIR... I had plans.. candles.. new lingerie.. everything! !! AHH NATURE!!

#Now I have had false alarms before like this, but I am due and I am wondering is there ANY way I can hide it or stop myself from having a period tomorrow? In a couple days he is oging on a three month trip! THis is abdolute failure timing.. Is there anything I can do?

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There really isn't any thing you can do to prevent your period from coming if you are not already taking birth control pills (and even then it's hit or miss).

Might I ask why you feel like being on your period will ruin things? Sure, it may mean that there's a bit more clean up required after sex, but it's not as if having sex while you are on your period is fundamentally different from having sex any other time.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bragorien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, he's kinda scared of that. And I'm squeamish. I hate myself when I'm on, I just feel so disgusting. :/
But thanks, I'll just have to wait another 3 months!

--------------------
"I made a resolution: Dance, like nobody's watching. Which I do... with the curtains closed - in case anybody's watching!"

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I gently suggest that this may, if you want it to be, perhaps be an opportunity for both of you to get over this a little?

In my book, there's nothing all that different about the fluid from periods as the fluid from ejaculate. Sex is often messy, there are fluids involved, and I don't think there's anything disgusting about any part of our bodies or their processes. Sex is also about accepting and celebrating each other's bodies, just as they are, not about being scared of them. I think spending a reproductive lifetime feeling squeamish about your period with partners is a very long time period to feel that way, know what I mean?

Maybe there are some kinds of sex you two could explore that you could feel comfortable with while menstruating, even if you don't feel comfortable trying some of them?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancing Kitty
Neophyte
Member # 46528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancing Kitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what your going through. I would never have sex with my boyfriend while I was on my period. But one day I decided to ask him how he felt about it and he said he didnt care. As much as it made me feel weird, I decided to try it. It wasnt any different but a little more mess to clean up. Whats really important is communication. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and we are comfortable talking about anything together.
Posts: 3 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.