Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » URGENT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: URGENT
lucki1234
Neophyte
Member # 44028

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lucki1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had unprotected sex for 10 seconds last month and the guy didnt ejaculate and i got my periiod a few days later. my period was heavy and lasted for 5 days. right now im due for my period. eysterday i masturbated and i started bleeding fairly heavy so i thought my period was starting.a few hours later i only had brown dishcharge and now nothing at all. so my period essentially didnt really come on after the blood and brown discharge. i thought since i had a full blown period im not pregnant? but this is freaking me out. im terrfied to buy a test i threw up in the pharmacy because of nerves i cant do it i thought i was safe. is the discharge i sign my real period will be starting soon????
Posts: 28 | From: united states | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you got your last period, and it sounds like it was a normal period for you, you can assume you're not pregnant. (In addition, the risk you described would have been a low one.) The bleeding you experienced yesterday could be the beginning of your period - sometimes they can take awhile to get going - or could be from masturbation (it's possible to nick yourself with a fingernail, or irritate genital tissue by not using enough lube).

Either way, your last period indicates that you are not pregnant. You can test if you want, but I don't really see a need for it here.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Karybu beat me to it! [Smile] )

Hi, Lucki. It is safe to say that you are not pregnant from this incident because you cannot be pregnant and still have a period.

Our bodies aren't machines, so sometimes periods will not act the same from month to month; they may be lighter, heavier, start at different times, look different, etc. Your stress in the situation could be a factor, as well.

Keep in mind though that any unprotected genital contact can be grounds for STI transmission, so if you're not up to date with your STI tests (your partner, too) it would be a good time to do that. Next time to keep yourself protected and from worrying, make sure you have a condom handy!

[ 02-02-2010, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Horizon ]

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.