Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » LATE PERIOD?!SAFE(ish sex)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LATE PERIOD?!SAFE(ish sex)
Laura Lu
Neophyte
Member # 43929

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Laura Lu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay to keep it simple.
me and my boyfriend had sex without a condom because he didnt have one on him.
i could have said no to it and yes things would have been fine but we decided to have it anways.
he went pee before we had sex and he wasnt even close to cumming...i finished him off a long time after that from oral sex.
also, this was the day before i was supposed to start my period and its about 5 ays after this happened...im having my period cramps as usual but no period yet...does that just mean my cycle is changing or that im just geting readdy to get my period anytime soon?
i know that the chances of me being pregnant are probably small but i jst really need some reassurance because im a stressful person and i dont want to mistake any stress symptoms as pregnancy symptoms!!

[ 10-17-2009, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Laura Lu ]

Posts: 22 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It likely means that your period is just off this month. It sounds like you practiced perfect withdrawal, which isn't the best method, but is certainly something.

It's too soon for a pregnancy test, but I'd agree with you that your risk is small. In another week, if your period still hasn't arrived, you can take a pregnancy test and expect an accurate result.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Lu
Neophyte
Member # 43929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Lu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okays thank you so much.
i dont know to be honest how i could possibly be pregnant becaus ei know that my bf has to me that with his ex(not that i wanted to know) that they would never use protection..always did withdrawal and even had a slipup where he did come inside her and still there was no pregnancy. they went out for 2 years and nothing ever happened with having sex...
do you think that my cramps are due to me being stressed out and that my thinking i am is causing things to be behind in schedule?!

Posts: 22 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's quite likely.

Are you and you boyfriend up to date on STI testing? Because having unprotected sex with a partner who you know has had unprotected sex with another partner, you have a very high risk for getting STIs.

Some people get lucky practicing withdrawal--it's just not good to bet on it alone for protection because it's so easy to make mistakes.

In the future, it might be a good idea for *both* of you to keep condoms around, just so that this doesn't happen again.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Lu
Neophyte
Member # 43929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Lu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and yes we both are checked out and he recently got checked when we did star dating a few months ago....its something were very comfy to talk about and he has nothing wrong..

and by the way...what if i miss a full period.
for instance my cramps and everything have gone away and i didnt get my period. the only thing i seem to have now is back aches on my lower back
i also heard that when you mentally put yourself into stress this happens...does that mean that because i have missed this months period
is it because of my major stressing....or does it mean that i could be pregnant?

and i dont feel any other weird things, and also...this happened to me last time i stressed about us having sex(even though we used a condom perfectly) i still had a one day..no period thing happen to me.

and trust me 100% he was sorry and upset that he put me in a uncomfortable position and from now on were alwayyss going to use a condom for no matter what sexual stuff we do.

[ 10-20-2009, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Laura Lu ]

atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Well, then I'd be a bit more worried. The only thing you can do now is just wait until it's been 10-14 days since the risk and take a pregnancy test.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.