Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Okay my Aunt Dot is RETARTED!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Okay my Aunt Dot is RETARTED!
LX4LIFE17
Activist
Member # 32077

Icon 8 posted      Profile for LX4LIFE17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, just came back from the bathroom.
About my Aunt Dot:
My period always comes on the 13th of the month and most of the time in the morning. I usually get VERY bloated a few days before hand, then once my period hits, it is VERY heavy but then starts to thin out by the 3rd day.

Well, today being the 13th, in the afternoon I was in class and thought "Bathroom time! I just felt something!" So I hurry out of my class, thinking that it might drip on me and got to a stall. I've also have been having cramping for the past 2 weeks, having proof that my period was about to come. To my discovery, alot of clear thin discharge with VERY light pink discharge, almost like a nude color, appears on the toilet paper I just used. The first thing that came to my mind was uhm.....hellloo? Where are you period??? This never happens?

So I was like w/e, stuck in a tampon, and called it a day, thinking it was going to start and have saved my life from an early alert.
So about 9 hours later, I get home, played on my guitar for a bit then remembered,

"OMG. My tampon! I'm probably soaked! UGH!"

So I get to the bathroom, pull it out.....nothing.
Nothing?
WTF.
Except for this SUPER SUPER light brown/pinkish spotting with the sticky thin discharge on it.
I'm hoping my period just starts tomorrow...

Another thing that freaks me out that I've noticed, is that I'm usually really bloated by now and I'm not even bloated at all! Period! The only thing that I notice is that when I suck in, it hurts, like a sharp pain.
I hope I'm just over reaacting but it's freaking me out a bit since when I was pregnant before, one of the first things I was like wtf about was that I couldn't suck in. Just a sharp pain but why would I be bleeding if I was preggo?

UGH.
Would you panic if your period didn't come tomorrow and it was acting weird like mine?
I'm not stressed just annoyed about it and I've been quite blissful lately, not knowing why it would be late.

Any advice?
p.s. sorry for the long post. and I'm getting annoyed with this unnecessary uncomfortable cramping! UGH!

-LX

Posts: 78 | From: Cali | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your period comes on the 13th of every month, that's pretty remarkable, given that different months have different numbers of days.

Unless you're charting your periods noting the exact number of days between the start of one period and the start of the next, you're not going to be able to predict when you're period will come more accurately than saying what week it will arrive. Even with charting and a very regular cycle, being off by a day or two is very common.

So, you really shouldn't be worried or stressed right now. That discharge is likely the start of your period anyways. So, don't worry.

(Also, please don't use the word "retarded" as a derogatory way here, since it demeans people with mental disabilities.)

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay...so a couple of things...

First, we're not fans of the word "retarded". It encourages unfair views of individuals who may have developmental or other disabilities. That's not cool, so we'd ask that you consider removing that from your vocabulary (and definitely not using that term here).

Secondly, it's really a generally bad idea to put in tampons when you're not already bleeding. So if you just think your period might be starting, it's much healthier to put on a pad/liner or use a menstrual cup. Tampons can be hard on the tissues of your vagina when there is no flow there for them to absorb and obviously there is the TSS risk as well. So next time, skip those until you are truly bleeding.

Next, to be clear, generally you want to look at how many days are in a cycle, not by what date your period shows up. In other words, there are not the same number of days between the 13th of the month in each month because months had different numbers of days. So your period not showing up on exactly the expected day may not be a big deal anyway. Along with that, even if your cycles are really regular, everybody can have some variation here and there.

If you've had a pregnancy risk this cycle, then obviously you can take a test if your period is late/missed. Otherwise, just wait until your period shows and try not to watch your body too hard for "pregnancy symptoms". Those are notoriously unreliable and just bring you more stress.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LX4LIFE17
Activist
Member # 32077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX4LIFE17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
?
Posts: 78 | From: Cali | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LX4: we can't possibly know what your question mark here means.

If you've still got questions y6ou want us to address, can you construct them so we can know what they are? [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.