Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » am i pregnant??!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: am i pregnant??!
megami_kate
Activist
Member # 42191

Icon 9 posted      Profile for megami_kate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just had sex for the first time, at around the second week of august. my boyfriend used a condom and i an pretty sure that there was no spillage of semen when he came. i am worried though because up until now i still do not have my period.. please help! i do not know what to do. i know this is probably just a psychological thingie, but i dont want to have a child at this time.. pls help!

[ 10-13-2009, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: megami_kate ]

Posts: 64 | From: Philippines | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it's been a really long time, you can just go ahead and take a pregnancy test now to know what's up.

If you used a condom correctly for all genital contact and it did not break, then you really don't need to worry about a pregnancy risk.

However, missing a period for several months in a row is something that you should get checked out, and it's a good idea to start with a pregnancy test.

Regardless of the result of the test, your next step should be to make an appointment with a doctor. If you're pregnant, you'll want to discuss your options, and if you aren't (which is much more likely), you'll want to figure out what your period's been up to.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
megami_kate
Activist
Member # 42191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for megami_kate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's not august. i got the month wrong. it's actually this october.. and how do i make sure the condom didnt break?
Posts: 64 | From: Philippines | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If a condom breaks, you can tell. It will be very noticeable.

When are/were you due for your period?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
megami_kate
Activist
Member # 42191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for megami_kate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dont really check when my period is due. but i usually get it during the first or second week of the month. i had sex oct.8, and up until now i still do not have my period. i am getting worried. i didnt notice anything weird with the condom when he withdrew. and i could clearly see the semen on the tip of the condom. he and i are pretty sure it didnt spill. but i am still scared.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

It doesn't sound like you had a condom failure, so there's no real reason to be worried about pregnancy.

Since it's only been 5 days since you had sex, it's also too early to take a pregnancy test. If you still haven't had your period by then, you can take a test at 10-14 days after the potential risk.

To make it easier for you to predict your periods, you might want to start charting. That's pretty easy to do: just make a note for yourself on the first day of a period. On the first day of your next period, you count the number of days that have passed. The days between the first day of one period and the first day of the next are how long your menstrual cycle is. Once you've done that a few times, you'll be able to see how long your cycle lasts on average, and then you can predict your next period.

Also for future reference: If you want to be sure that you are using condoms correctly, we've got an article on that.
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

megami_kate
Activist
Member # 42191

hi September. sorry for the late reply. thanks fo all your help. right now i am more calm, thanks to you. also i have noticed that i am starting to get the early signs of my period. thanks again for everything!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.