Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » helpppp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: helpppp
montcliar1
Activist
Member # 44264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for montcliar1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my girlfriend and i were about to have sex so i was getting a condom out and getting ready to put it on. But i was kind of rushing and i began to put it on inside out at first but then immediately turned it over and put it on right. Only the tip touched the top of the condom there was very little contact but some pre-cum did get on it but it had to be a very little amount. Now my girlfriend is 2 days late and im freaking out! Is she pregnant?? i know there are different reasons why a period can be late besides pregnancy but how long can it last before it finally comes?? what is going on??
Posts: 42 | From: montcliar | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Some of your questions have been answered in your other thread here )

When this happens, it's really just best to get a new condom. Though, the risk should be very small from this incident.

When did this happen? If it was less than 120 hours ago, your girlfriend can take emergency contraception if she wants.

It sounds like you're having a hard time using condoms correctly and trusting them. In your other thread, an article about condoms was linked, and I suggest you go read it.

Also, have you discussed other options for birth control with your girlfriend? Is she having these same worries? If she is, she may want to look into methods to use in conjunction with condoms (such as the pill or a cervical barrier).

Also, since you seem to be having a whole lot of pregnancy worries here, I'd really encourage you to back off from all sexual activities for a while until you anxiety is under control.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
montcliar1
Activist
Member # 44264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for montcliar1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it happened about 2 weeks ago i think so she cant take a emergency contraception. But the only thing im worried about is if the pre-cum had some sperm in it. I really dont know what else to do bc it seems unlikely that it could happen just from that...but i really dont know.
Posts: 42 | From: montcliar | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it has been two weeks since the (quite low) risk, and especially if her period is late, she can take a pregnancy test.

Also, clicky here: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

[ 10-08-2009, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Alice ]

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still curious if your girlfriend is as worried as you are, and if you're willing to step away from sexual activities given your level of anxiety here.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.