Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I Need Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Need Help!
montcliar1
Activist
Member # 44264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for montcliar1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and i had sex and i ejaculated into the condom. but i did not pull out after that i continued for a little bit. I filled the condom up with water after we were done and there were no rips. I had also just ejaculated two times before we had sex so very little came out the third time. she still has not gotten her period and im freaking outtt. is it possible that shes pregnant. pleasee helppp
Posts: 42 | From: montcliar | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you used a condom for all genital contact and it did not not break, then you do not need to worry about a pregnancy risk. And you don't need to fill the condom with water to check for a break: when a condom breaks, it's very noticeable.

There are a lot of other reason for a woman to have a late period. Why don't the two of you have a look at this article:
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
montcliar1
Activist
Member # 44264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for montcliar1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okk thank you but the only other thing im worried about is on the condom wrapper it says to always change your condom once you finish in it and i kept going for a little so i was just wondering if theres and any other way the semen can get out of the condom?
Posts: 42 | From: montcliar | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it can leak, but it does not sound like you noticed any semen at the bottom.

In the future, you should stop and remove condoms shortly after ejaculation. If her period is late, she can go ahead and take a pregnancy test and get an accurate result.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
montcliar1
Activist
Member # 44264

ok thank you yea i was thinking about getting a test soon. but what do you think the chances are of it leaking out the bottom if there was very little and i was on top so the semen most likely stayed where it was...i think at least. what do you think??
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms don't simply "leak outside the bottom."

For that to happen, a condom has to break, and when they do, you can tell by looking pretty easily. So, using the same condom twice makes it more likely it will break, but it still needs to break to leak.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
montcliar1
Activist
Member # 44264

ok thank you again im sorry i keep asking the same thing over and over again but i am just really scared. so based on the fact that it didn't break and condoms do not leak what do you think the chances are that she is or is not pregnant and that it could just be a different reason that she still has not gotten her period??
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey again, montcliar!

Sorry you're so worried... again, the pregnancy risk here is very, very, very low. However, there are plenty of reasons why her period may be delayed. Check this articles out! Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

Just to throw it out there: If you two are so worried about pregnancy risks even while practicing safer sex (go you!), it sounds like taking sexual activities off your plate for awhile would help. Do you want any resources or help with managing this stress?

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One more link! M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period? [Smile]

[Edit: I see Joey's already posted this one... have you read it yet because it should help. I know you're concerned but other than providing you some statistics and information, it's really up to YOU to work on trying to relax a bit...

Also: Hey, Boyfriend! Male Reproductive Choices
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist
Safer Sex...for Your Heart

[ 10-05-2009, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Ecofem ]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
montcliar1
Activist
Member # 44264

thank you so much for all the help! i dont think ill be able to calm myself down until she finally gets her period but ill do my best. the fact you said this risk has a very low chance of pregnancy it makes me feel alot better. thanks again for all the help and i really hope i can control my nerves next time.
montcliar1
Activist
Member # 44264

so i kno you guys said periods can be late for a bunch of differet reasons but its been 2 days so i was just wondering how long these different reasons can last like. like is it usually just a couple of days or can it be longer??
montcliar1
Activist
Member # 44264

so i kno you guys said periods can be late for a bunch of differet reasons but its been 2 days so i was just wondering how long these different reasons can last like. like is it usually just a couple of days or can it be longer??
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It can be anything from a couple days to skipping a period entirely.

Really, though, two days is hardly late at all. Four days is when a period is definitely late, and by two weeks I'd say that the period was just skipped.

If your girlfriend is concerned, she can take a pregnancy test once it has been 10-14 days since the incident.

Have you read the articles we linked you? If not, please do.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
montcliar1
Activist
Member # 44264

yes i read both links thank you. So two days is ok??
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Yes it's fine.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.