Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » URGENT PILL QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: URGENT PILL QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hottie123
Activist
Member # 38432

Icon 4 posted      Profile for hottie123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here's the deal. These past 28 days I've been on Ortho TryCyclin Lo. Today was my last day of placebo pills, meaning that tomorrow I start pack two. However, due to unforseen circumstances my Planned Parenthood ceneter where I get the pills much much cheaper and which has my prescription was closed this week and will be closed until mid-next week due to remodeling. That left with the dilema of having to get a pack of pills without a prescription, needless to say the original Ortho where just too expensive, so I had to go with the generic type Tri-Lo Sprintec Tablets 28 s. However...do these have the exact same ingridents as Ortho? Will this somehow screw up my pills cycles? I need to know as soon as possible as I need to start taking the pilss tomorrow! HELP!
Posts: 76 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If they are the generic for Ortho Tricyclen (which I believe them to be), then they contain the exact some active ingredients in the same amounts. There might be a difference in the *inactive* ingredients, such as the stuff that makes the pill stick together, but that doesn't effect the effectiveness of the medication.

SO, this pack of pills is practically the same as your last one. It shouldn't do anything to your cycle, and there's no need to worry about effectiveness during this switch. You might even find that you just want to say on the Sprintec, since it's much cheaper (and, there are whole sorts of big scale economic/political reasons why one may favor generic drugs over name brands, too).

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.