Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » bleeding two weeks after period ... could i be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bleeding two weeks after period ... could i be pregnant?
nite_sky
Neophyte
Member # 44185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nite_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got my period on Sept. 12th and it lasted for about 6-7 days. I went home to see my boyfriend on the weekend of the 19th and 20th. The thing is that we have NEVER had sex. However, things did get a little heavy and he ended up fingering me. I had given him a handjob a little before that and he ejaculated. We both washed our hands and everything afterwords.

I don't even know if this is possible, but I touched the bottle of lube during the handjob and might have gotten some sperm on it. Even though we both washed our hands, he then touched the bottle of lube before he fingered me.. Is it possible that sperm could have survived on there? And then got me pregnant when he fingered me?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm really worried about it because the past 3 or 4 days, I've experienced cramps and bleeding (even though I just had my period two weeks ago!) I've passed some reallly heavy clots too, which is unusual for just spotting. Is this a sign of pregnancy? Should I be worried? The blood seems to be a slightly different color too. It's more of a dark orangish-red than the usual dark red.

I'm really stressing out about this. I'm not on birth control because we are not planning to have sex. I don't even know if this is a plausible situation for pregnancy or not. I'm just worried about this weird bleeding I'm having. If someone could help, it'd be so appreciated!

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No: the situation you describe does not pose a pregnancy risk. It really does take direct genital contact to create a pregnancy risk. If you have to map possible sperm travel routes that involve several stops in between, you know that you don't have a risk. [Smile]

That said, spotting also isn't a sign of early pregnancy. Mid-cycle spotting is just something that can happen on occasion, and it's not a reason to worry. If the bleeding is really heavy or lasts more than a few days, you might want to call your gyn and talk to them, just to be on the safe side.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.