Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » chances of being pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: chances of being pregnant
jp2323
Activist
Member # 43575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp2323     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im on birth control since feb and ive never missed or taken a pill late. my boyfriend and i had sex exactly a month ago with a condom however there may be possibly a chance that some precum got on the outside of spermicidal condom. i had my period 4 days after that and it came on time. is there any possibility that i am pregnant now? should i be worrying?
Posts: 154 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, you should really not be worrying. Condoms and birth control pills combined are about as effective as you can get. On top of that, you've had a normal withdrawal bleed (that's what a "period" is when you're on the pill).

Looking at your posting history, I'm seeing that you have A LOT of anxiety about getting pregnant, even though you have been told repeatedly that your situations do not pose risks (I'm taling about this situation , this situation and what sounds like the same situation you're describing here ).

Have you thought about backing away from all sexual activity that could post any risk of pregnancy for a while?

Often, when anxiety is this extreme, it's a sign that you're not quite ready to be having sexual contact in your particular situation.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
:)maddy(:
Neophyte
Member # 44109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for :)maddy(:     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey im not sure if this is how i post or reply or something but ill give it a go.
i had sex for the first time (lost my v's) on a monday morning around 3am... we didnt use a condom or any other contreceptive (stupid i know) and he also came inside me.
I told him not to worry because my period was due in about 4 days. Later this week i have been worrying and freaking out about the fact that i could be pregnant. I made a calender this week of all the dates i got my period this year and ive noticed that my cycle is VERY irregular, i mean sometimes it would be a 30 day cycle, then maybe a 28 day, last time a 31, and before it has been even a 45 day cycle.. what im trying to say is.. it is never the same.
I dont know if it was proper or not but i found an average of 31 days for my clcly ( by adding all numbers up and dividing by total) and yeah 31 days was my average. So far early tomorrow morning is going to be a week since we had sex and i still havent had my period. About 2 or 3 days ago my nipples were sore and tender which is usually what happens when my period is around the corner, but now they arent sore anymore. and i always break out more than usual and i think ive noticed that just today. I havent noticed the normal amount of thick white discharge i get before my period yet either. im really scared. i dont want to be pregnant, im 16. mum has offered to let me go onto the pill whenever i feel ready too, so i might go tomorrow and ill ask mum to leave the room and ask the doctor for a pregnancy test or a blood test to see if im pregnant or not =/ but i know i cant start the pill till i get my period this month. can you please help me and guide me with your advice? Im just hoping its being irregular and late due to me stressing so much. Its been on my mind 24/7. My last period was on the 18th - 24th of august. It is now the 20th of september [Frown]
please help me. thankyou very much.

[ 09-20-2009, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: :)maddy(: ]

Posts: 4 | From: australia | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.