Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Late period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Late period
caplicogirl
Neophyte
Member # 36615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caplicogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been kind of worried lately. I had sex with my boyfriend a little less than a month ago and again about two to three weeks ago.

At first I wasn't worried about being pregnant, since my boyfriend and I both knew that the condom didn't break (he always blows into the condom like a balloon after we've had sex just to make sure there aren't any holes or rips in it).

I was expecting my period to come on the 12th of September. It's now the 18th and I'm getting a bit worried since my period hasn't come yet. For the past months or so, though, I've noticed that my period has started to become a bit irregular - starting a week early or a few days late.

I'm not very sure if this is another case of irregular periods. It will be almost a week late.

Would you say I should be worried and get tested for pregnancy? After all, the condom never slipped off or broke at all. It's just the fact that my period hasn't come yet that's getting me worried.

And another thing - we used the Trojan Ecstasy condom. The thing about that condom is that it's designed to be more loose near the head of the penis for extra feel for the guy. The end of the condom always stayed near the base of his penis, though. It was snug and didn't seem like it would slip of easily if you were to pull at it with your hands. Was it still a bad idea that we used this type of condom? Should we have just went with a regular condom?

--------------------
I like to perform 90's dance moves.

Posts: 38 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I first ask how you chart your periods? Do you expect it to come on or around the same date each month, or do you count the number of days in between cycles?

It doesn't sound like you had a condom failure, and the style of condoms with more headroom for the guys is no less safe than other styles.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67928 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caplicogirl
Neophyte
Member # 36615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caplicogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually count the number of days in between the cycles. I expected it to come 24 days after my last cycle, and it's already been almost 31 days. That's like a full month of not having my period, which is unusual for me, but I guess it's a first.

--------------------
I like to perform 90's dance moves.

Posts: 38 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.