Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » IS THIS IMPLANTATION BLEEDING?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IS THIS IMPLANTATION BLEEDING?
Laura Lu
Neophyte
Member # 43929

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Laura Lu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SOOOO.
to get this straight i need answers NOW!
me and my bf have had anal a few times, no cum the first 2 times, and the 3rd time about a month ago he let some cum come out in my bum....but i went to the bathroom right away and wiped it off(there wasn't much at alll) so that was fine

and on top of that ive been super super stressed because i dont want to be pregnant even though my boyfriend wont ever ever cum inside me(he knows how paranoid i am)

the only thing that is bothering me is that i just got my period today when i was supposed to so its good, but its a light brown-pink..very light not dark yet...but most my periods start out this way....altho ive heard the stress of thinking you're pregnant can affect how heavy/dark coloured your period is(which i believe since the last time i had a pregnancy scare a few years ago it was the same colour/situation)

i was hoping someone could help me out since the only symptoms im having are my normal beginning peroid cramps/bleeding on time and my hugeee stressed mind!=[
no, i havent had any pre-pregnancy symptoms or any symptoms 2 months after we started to be more sexually active!!!
i hope someone can help<3

[ 09-13-2009, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Laura Lu ]

Posts: 22 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you know, we do try to answer every post as quickly as we can. So there's no need to ask for us to do that. We're already trying our best.

Here's the thing: unprotected anal sex can cause a pregnancy risk if ejaculate leaks into the vagina. You wiping away ejaculate afterwards does nothing to diminish that risk. (Anal sex also has pretty big STI risks, so you'll always want to use condoms unless you've both been tested twice, 6 months apart, and come up clear.)

Implantation bleeding is a very rare bleed that can happen when the egg implants in the uterine wall, so something around a week after the risk. This bleeding only happens in one third of all pregnancies, and when it does, it's very light and won't last beyond a day or two.

So, what does all of that mean? You may have had a moderate pregnancy risk from the unprotected anal sex. You're due for your period today, and you've got bleeding, and it looks like your periods usually do. Chances are, that's your period, then. And it's not possible to have a regular period and be pregnant.

It's also not really true that worrying about a period will change its color. It is possible that a period may be delayed if you're really worried about pregnancy, as stress can have an effect on the menstrual cycle. But the colour of the bleed has nothing to do with that. And besides, menstrual blood can be any shade of red from pink to dark brown, and your period won't look exactly the same every month. Some variation there is totally normal.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Lu
Neophyte
Member # 43929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Lu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so so so so muchhh that makes me feel sooo much bettter<3
weve both been tested recently so no infections here 100% fact.!
so ive had no bleeding prior to now, which is period time, which means that im not pregnant...but i will be more safer next time so thank you so much!!!!!!

Posts: 22 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.