Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Is A Pregnancy Possible?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is A Pregnancy Possible?
SweetPea09
Neophyte
Member # 43576

Icon 8 posted      Profile for SweetPea09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, everyone. I'm new =] And I think this site is absolutely fabulous and informative.

Quick question- I got into an argument with my best friend. She believes she can't get pregnant if her boyfriend had pre-cum on his boxers and rubbed his shaft and tip on her while she was wearing panties. Yet, I informed her that it is possible that the sperm in pre-cum (despite the fact that her boyfriend urinated beforehand) will make it through the two layers.

I've read the dry sex article you have, and I couldn't come up with a conclusion. If both partners were wearing underwear, and yet still rubbed for a very short amount of time, is there a chance? She said he never ejaculated or penetrated. She just felt the tip of his penis through his boxers and her underwear on top of her vagina entrance.

She says the clothes weren't even soaked with semen. If anything was wet it was his pre-cum in his boxers, and she didn't have enough vaginal secretions to even make it through both layers of clothes.

Yet, I believe there is a chance even through these two layers. What is your opinion?
Thank you so much.

[ 08-03-2009, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: SweetPea09 ]

Posts: 7 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there SweetPea.

Pre-ejaculate can contain sperm, we know that. But in order for there to be a risk of pregnancy/STI infection, semen would have to soak through both his boxers and her underwear, or unprotected genital contact would have to occur between them.

Sperm may be fast swimmers, but they need fluid to move! So no, they can't really get through two layers of fabric given its not totally soaked through.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.