Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Please help me out.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help me out.
kamille
Activist
Member # 42270

Icon 5 posted      Profile for kamille         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I have accessed my risk off of - http://www.scarleteen.com/pregnancy_risk_assessment_vaginal_intercourse.

"If you DID USE A CONDOM correctly and without failure, but a condom only, then you have a VERY LOW risk of pregnancy."

We had sex, twice the same night, the day after my period had ended. So, the 6th day of my cycle. We used a condom both times and checked it after. He also washed after the first time.

The issue the second time, was that he would intermittently get a LITTLE floppy...I put the condom on when he was hard, but he got a little floppy... until I held him and put him inside, then he was hard right away and finished quite quickly. I don't know if precum got on my hand? I don't see why it would though because he washed himself with soap and the surrounding areas...

You can see why I am feeling a bit agitated.

I usually get cramps before my period anywhere from 10-7 days before. My cycle is usually 30-38 days.

It's been 32 days since my last period and I feel a bit crampy. It comes and goes.

I've been to the sexual health clinic before and they prescribed me Ortho-Tricyclen Low...Where can I read up on birth control and the side effects? I don't really know how safe it is on the body...ack! I know I'm going to get some comments on that because taking BC is safer then not......I just would really like to have some support.......

What do you think.

Also, did I post this in the right forum? If not I will try to post it in the right one for future questions!

Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kamille
Activist
Member # 42270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kamille         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, I've had a little more white discharge then usual on my panties. When I was taking a shower I decided to check and my cervix is pretty low to the opening. Why? And I don't have sore breasts.
Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kamille,

From what you describe here, it doesn't sound like you've had a viable pregnancy risk. As long as you used a condom correctly and for all genital contact, you are 98% protected from pregnancy. You can take a pregnancy test once your period is late, or 10-14 days after your risk if you'd like the added peace of mind though.

Don't worry, no one here is going to say bad things about you opting to wait on the BC until you have more information. You can read up on all the different forms of birth control here: Birth Control Bingo! You can also always call up the sexual health clinic that you went to and I'm sure they'd be happy to answer your questions.

Hope this helps and welcome to Scarleteen! Feel free to post back here if you have any more questions [Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kamille
Activist
Member # 42270

Thank you so much for answering me. I really appreciate it.

I'm just worried that I might have had something on my fingers when I put him inside me, but I mean, he washed and he had a condom on.

Thank you for the site, I would really just like to get as much info as I can. I have heard that it takes a month to fully start working, and you can't stop taking it unless you have been taking it for three months? Is that true?

-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To pose a viable risk, your fingers would have to be pretty much covered in semen, so if you only touched the outside of the condom or the base of his penis, then you should be fine.

Here at Scarleteen, we recommend waiting a full month before relying on the pill, just to make sure you're fully protected. Some other sources say that depending on where you start in your cycle, you're protected after a week, but there is individual variation, so it's better to be safe than sorry I think.

You can stop taking the pill at any time, but if you stop in the middle of a cycle, you may experience spotting or a weird period because of the drop in hormones. It can take about 3 months for the possible side effects to level off, so it is often recommended that you wait 3 months before stopping the pill or switching to a different brand to see if your body will adjust though.

Does that clear things up a little?

[ 03-01-2009, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kamille
Activist
Member # 42270

Okay thank you so much, yes it clears things up. And I would always use a back up method such as condoms, I was more worried about the impact after 3 months or stopping mid cycle, etc. Thank you!

Edit: So, basically it's safe to wait it out a couple more days seeing as my periods are usually 30-38 days?

[ 03-01-2009, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: kamille ]

kamille
Activist
Member # 42270

Hi! I hope someone reads this soon!

I did get my period, on the 37th day of my cycle. It lasted 5 days like usual, however, by the third day, it was pretty brown. And it's not usually brown. Also, ...I did not smell very good! Now, I'm not trying to say that I smell like roses...but I've never, ever smelt this bad!

And now my lower abdominal area is kind of sore? Can someone please help me...I don't want to post another topic because this question is related to the one above...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.