Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Missed by a minute?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missed by a minute?
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcakedoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few questions again. Im sorry.

On Thursday January 8th, I took my pill three minutes late. Does that affect my perfect user?

Did I have a pregnancy risk if I had sex on Saturday and Sunday with a condom and took my pills on time from Friday and here on out until I start my period? (four days *since it takes three placenta pills for my period to actually start) Even though neither of us finished?

I've read the Pregnancy risks Assessment millions of times. And I'm still saying...what if. I'm tired of doing this to myself. :[

Thank you.

Posts: 101 | From: United States | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

You don't need to apologize about asking questions, thats why we're here [Smile]

Firstly, taking the pill on time is defined as taking it within 12 hours of the same time every day. It is recommended that people take it at the same time each day to make it easier for them to remember to take it. So yes, you still fall well within the range for perfect pill use.

It is also good that you use condoms with the pill. With these two methods used properly together, you have a very minimal pregnancy risk.

It sounds like you're using birth control very responsibly and effectively but still seem quite anxious about pregnancy risks. So, how else can we help you feel more reassured? What is making you question your protection? Would you like more information about any issues?

(By the way, I think you mean placebo pills- these are the inactive sugar pills you take in order to have your withdrawal bleed or period. The placenta is a temporary organ inside the uterus that attaches the mother to the fetus during pregnancy)

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcakedoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by eryn_smiles:
Hi there,

You don't need to apologize about asking questions, thats why we're here [Smile]

Firstly, taking the pill on time is defined as taking it within 12 hours of the same time every day. It is recommended that people take it at the same time each day to make it easier for them to remember to take it. So yes, you still fall well within the range for perfect pill use.

It is also good that you use condoms with the pill. With these two methods used properly together, you have a very minimal pregnancy risk.

It sounds like you're using birth control very responsibly and effectively but still seem quite anxious about pregnancy risks. So, how else can we help you feel more reassured? What is making you question your protection? Would you like more information about any issues?

(By the way, I think you mean placebo pills- these are the inactive sugar pills you take in order to have your withdrawal bleed or period. The placenta is a temporary organ inside the uterus that attaches the mother to the fetus during pregnancy)

Thank you so much. I really get flustered and scared about things such as this. I really don't know why.
I think it's because I didn't learn about sex fully enough in school, and so I don't know my body at all But with this site, I learned so much. It;s sent from god [giggles]

Well it's not that I'm scared of sex itself, I'm scared that I might be that one percent who gets pregnant. I talked to my boyfriend about it, and he told me that we are the safest out of his friends. But I still have that "risk". I don't like thinking like that, because I just want to enjoy my time with sex. Because when I do think as such, I get dry and and pain very quickly and scared. Which isn't fun for either of us.

I'm sorry to ramble.
Thank you so much for reading all of my concerns and such.

haha oops yes, I did mean Placebo pills. XD silly me. I accidently wrote otherwise. [hitshead]

Posts: 101 | From: United States | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would using a back-up method lessen your stress about this? The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

Oh yes we always use condoms. Im sorry if I didn't mention that before [hitshead]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.