Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Sharp pain!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sharp pain!
Stephanie101
Activist
Member # 37085

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Stephanie101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the past half an hour I have been getting very sharp pains in my pubic area. It feels like someone is shoving a butcher knife up my vagina, any idea what could cause this!? It is really painful and has never happened before. I might get my period soon could that be it? Do you think tylenol would help? [Frown]

--------------------
stephh!

Posts: 88 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the pain is as severe as you're describing, calling a doctor or nurse would be a good idea. Not sure where in Canada you are, but most provinces out west have "Nurse Line" where you can call and speak to a nurse, they can advise you on what to do or if you need to go to a doctor right away. We aren't trained medical professionals, so we can't offer medical advice. I can say that pain that severe is not normal, and needs to be evaluated by a professional.
Hope that helps!

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausam
Neophyte
Member # 39519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are from Ontario, you could call Telehealth Canada, they will ask you a bunch of questions about your pain and help you decide if you should go to the hospital and whatnot. If you're not Ontario, I'm sure you can still call and ask, it's a 1-866 number.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/program/telehealth/telehealth_mn.html

Posts: 28 | From: Aus | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.