Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Im scared and need some help!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im scared and need some help!!!
qt_booty_19
Neophyte
Member # 40141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for qt_booty_19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok..well..
i am 19 years old..about a year ago i stoppoed taking the pill(i took it for 2 years prior).I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years...and we have had unprotected sex...he just pulls out before he cums. Its been like this for a year...and we feel that we are very careful when we do it. But my last period which was 3 weeks ago...only lasted for 2 days when it normally last 6 or 7 days. ever since i have had a bloody discharge...which i think is what people are reffering to as spotting. i have felt very sick the past week and i have been havin alot of pain all over my body...and normally i am pretty healthy and active so its unusual for me. i am just wondering if maybe i am pregnant but i also was wondering if this was a sign for any type of std...i trust my bf but i am thinkin he may have cheated on me and i am just wondering if these are signs for an std...i do have a pregnancy test to take....to rule out pregnancy...but i wanted your opinion!!!
please help as soon as possible!!!
im kinda freakin out

Posts: 1 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Withdrawal (pulling out before he cums) is not an effective method of birth control. Even if you're careful, there can still be sperm in the pre-ejaculate that can reach a fertile egg. So yes, you certainly could be pregnant if you've had intercourse. It's unlikely you'd have any physical symptoms yet, though.
Taking the home pregnancy test will confirm any pregnancy that might have happened before 10 days ago. Anything after that (for example, if you had sex 4 days ago) won't show up on that test, even if you were pregnant. I hope that made some sense.
If you're not feeling well, though, seeing a doctor is a good plan. You could have a virus or something that needs treatment.
I hope that helps a bit.

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.