Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Just A Bunch of Questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just A Bunch of Questions
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovinLife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, this isn't anything serious but i have a few questions that I would love to finally get answered! so here goes

1. I am on birth control (religiously) and my boyfriend pulls out well before he ejaculates. I am aware of precum but i was wondering how much of a chance there is for me to get pregnant

2. What is the best lube to use? This is stupid but im curious...can you use vaseline??

3. What should you do if you get minor cuts on your vagina, i have had a few and omg they hurt, just wondering what is the best way to ease the pain and help them heal

4. I am somewhat prone to having bladder infections, how can i avoid and prevent them?

5. My boyfriends ejaculate (is that the right term) is clear but has chunks (TMI) in it...is that ok??

6. How "late" can you be for the pill without having your protection compromised?? (I was exactly 2 hrs late my one and only time being late)

Thanks sooooo much, hopefully none of these questions are too silly [Razz] I just felt comfortable asking you guys. Thanks again!

--------------------
In Love

Posts: 57 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your pill, when taken correctly, is 99.7% effective.

The best lubes are going to be water based (if you use condoms) or you can use silicone based. Really, it'll be whatever ones you like best. You can find sample packs at some specialty stores, and then you can try some until you find one that you like. Around here, were fans of Pink and Astroglide, among others.
Vaseline isn't meant to be a sexual lubricant, so you'll want to steer clear of that.

For minor abrasions, just make sure to take it easy. You can use a cool damp washcloth as a compress when you are at home, and make sure you wear underwear made of a breatheable fabric, like cotton. If the cuts are on your outer labia, even some aloe vera gel could help (make sure it's the plain stuff). In your vagina, though, the best thing is just time.

Make sure you stay hydrated. Pee when you feel you have to, don't hold it if you can help it. Make sure to urinate before and after sex, and you might even consider taking cranberry supplements. Cranberry has been known to help fight the bacteria that can cause infections. However, it would only be efficient if you took the supplements, and the regular juice you'd get off the shelf isn't strong enough, and if you were to find actual pure cranberry juice, the stuff is so strong you wouldn't be able to choke it down. (I've tried. It's so sour!!!)

Semen doesn't have to be pure liquid, just as our discharge doesn't have to be perfectly creamy all the time. As long as it is a normal color and overall normal consistency (and semen consistency can change overtime, and from day to day) and normal smell, then there isn;t anythign to worry about.

And lastly, if you are on a combined monophasic pill, you actually have up to 12 hours before your pill is even considered missing. You have a good three hours on each side of your normal time and it still counts as on time. That means if you usually take it at 6pm, then you could take it anywhere between 3 and 9pm and be fully protected still.

And not a problem!! Thats what we are here for [Smile]

[ 09-02-2008, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: ASargent42 ]

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovinLife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Thank you SOOOO much! Wow you made everything so clear too! [Smile] thanks again [Smile]

--------------------
In Love

Posts: 57 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.