Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnant?
sketchyskittles
Neophyte
Member # 38750

Icon 4 posted      Profile for sketchyskittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I am not sure where to post this and I don't wnat to waste anyones time, but I am really worried and help would be appreciated.

what has happened is that i was away on vacation last month and forgot to bring my next set of birth control pills with me. So when i got home i was three days late to take them so i doubled up on them until I was back to taking one a day. I forgot that the pill takes a month to start working because i have been on it for so long. about two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex.a week later i finished my birth control for the month. too scared to wait i started the next months birth control the day after. Do I still run a risk of getting pregnant? if I was pregnant it would be about two-three weeks that have passed. is that too late to do anything about it? PLEASE help me. I realise i have been irresponsible and i am scared.

Posts: 9 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Sketchyskittles.
I live in BC as well, so I can offer you some location-specific info.
First of all, this is a fine place to post. No worries.
From the information here, it sounds like your pill would have been effective at the time you had a pregnancy risk. We do recommend you use a backup method for the first month on the pill, as it takes you time to get used to taking it properly, as well as making sure your body is tolerating it well. Since you were on the pill and just missed pills, assuming you followed your pharmacist's or pamphlet's directions, you should be protected.
Just so you know, skipping your placebo week doesn't change your pregnancy risk.
Two-three weeks is still VERY early in a pregnancy. In fact, it's just far enough along to detect with a home pregnancy test. Any pharmacy and most grocery stores have them, and they don't cost that much. Feel free to pick one up and take the test, to know for sure!
If you have any more questions, let me know!

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.