Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » so scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: so scared
xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

Icon 9 posted      Profile for xxxxxniks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my boyfriend have had dry sex for the past couple of weeks, but today was the first time he was just wearing boxers and i was just wearing underwear.

i was .. well, "wet" down there, and he was too, just a little, through his boxers.. and didn't penetrate deep or barely at all.

IF I AM PREGNANT OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO CRY.

Posts: 14 | From: asdf | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sex through clothing poses no real viable risk of pregnancy. Sperm just can't make it through clothing. If this just happened today and you think the wetness soaked through your AND his clothing completely, then you may want to consider getting Emergency Contraception to further lower any pregnancy risk that may be present.
Hope that helps.

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxxxxniks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it wasn't completely. if anything he just went inside an inch or so. still scared. can't let my mom know or i will have broken shards of glass thrown in my eyes.
Posts: 14 | From: asdf | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baba
Neophyte
Member # 39693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a question.
can i ask it here. im new im not sure where to ask.
its about pregnancy scare?

Posts: 3 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baba, you can post your own question by clicking on the "New Topic" button.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

Icon 12 posted      Profile for xxxxxniks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously I am so freaked out. It didn't soak all the way through and he probably went inside about an inch. I need reassurance pleaaaaaaase!
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you being literal about having glass put in your eyes? I'm hoping not, but if so, we need to talk about how safe your household is for you.

To be sure I am clear: are you saying your partner put his penis into your vagina through both your undergarments? If he did, and those undergarments were thin and did appear to be sodden, then you may be looking at a low risk, which you have the option of reducing with emergency contraception. (As well STI risks may have been present.)

If not, then a viable risk isn't likely.

In any case, do you need help with negotiating your limits? Clearly, things are going a bit further than you're prepared to manage.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxxxxniks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no not literally.

anyway he wasn't soaked all the way through, barely anything went through his boxers ...hm. what's the chance i could be pregnant? like, percentage?

xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

actually, what are the chances if i'm ovulating?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If his boxers were not clearly damp -- and I mean damp, not a spot on them where one drop of fluid was -- you don't likely have anything to worry about, even if you had been ovulating.

Sperm need fluid to move.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

ok two more questions and then i'll stop.

if he accidently .. "slipped" in with his boxers still on and got inside without my underwear (hypothetically) and wasn't soaked all the way through, what would be the chances then?

also, if he had touched himself before fingering, what are the chances then?

we're not doing this until marriage. i'm a dumb, dumb teenager.

Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no need to call yourself dumb, here. [Smile] It doesn't help anything.

Are you asking what would happen if he had physically gotten inside you with his penis still covered by the boxers? Same thing applies. Sperm need fluid to move, and unless his boxers were saturated with semen, you likely would not have had a viable risk.

To present a viable pregnancy risk from fingering, his hands would have needed to be covered in fresh semen and applied directly to your genitals.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

Would it have to be like, a LOT on his hands? Besides.. Doesn't a finger go up a lot less than a penis would...?
xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

because he said he "might have BRUSHED his hand" near it, ... so.. it wasn't COVERED in it..
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There would have to be enough on his hands that at least one of you would notice it.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

and there's now way there could've been on his hand if he didn't orgasm,.. right?
xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

sorry if i'm posting so many questions.. i'm just so stressed out by this situation that if anything actually does happen, i would just freak out and not know what to do.

my mom CANNOT know anything about this. i have school next month and if i miss my period this month will make my stress even worse since i wouldn't know if it's my actual missed period or if it's just from stressing out over this whole thing.

i just need all the reassurance i can get about this and help to relax my nerves..

ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From your recollection of the risk, it does not sound as you had a very viable pregnancy risk.

As per the fingering, Either he would have to wait and collect a nice puddle of precum (which may or may not even contain sperm), or ejaculate and smear a good amount onto your genitals.

If he just brushed his hand by his penis, there most likely would not have been a large enough of wetness to consider it a risk to really worry about.

One really not fun thing about all this worryign is that it can actually delay or even cause you to miss your period. If you can try to calm down, it might help bring your period on when it's supposed to come. When is your period due?

[ 08-10-2008, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: ASargent42 ]

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

*sigh* around the week of the 21st or the next.
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

So you still have a little while to go.

If it makes you feel any better, you can take a pregnancy test on the 16th (that would be the earliest) and it should be accurate.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

alright. that makes me feel a bit better.

as for the a pregnancy test there's probably no way of getting one myself. ... and i'll just hope to god nothing happened. after all, i've asked numerous amount of threads and have done my share of research on this whole thing, so i guess i'm going to just try and relax and stop being so paranoid.

especially since you said 'no viable risk.'

xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

I forgot to mention my period are sort of irregular. But it's been 30 days since my last one. EEP. Are there any signs that I could look out for (since it's been 2 weeks from the incident) just in case?

Actually, what I'm more curious about are what the differences between pregnancy and period symptoms?

Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Women typically don't even experience pregnancy symptoms before a month after conception-- meaning a missed period is the first indicator she has to know she is pregnant.

Symptoms that many women get before their periods may include breast tenderness, irritability, some cramps, things like that.

[ 08-20-2008, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Horizon ]

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxxxxniks
Neophyte
Member # 39692

alright I'm really getting scared. Two days late.
are there at least any signs for pregnancy I COULD be experiencing right now if I was?

Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Are you sure that you're late? You mentioned that your cycles are not always predictable, and some women have cycles that can be as long as 35 days or so.

Even if you were pregnant, it would be too early to have symptoms, really, this incident having been only two weeks ago. I'd really try to stop stressing over this if I were you, since stress can delay periods or cause them to be missed. You really did not have a viable risk given the information you gave us, so just try to calm down and see if your period comes soon.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Also, why aren't you able to get a pregnancy test? They are marvelous for calming your nerves after a scare. Would your boyfriend be able to help you out in getting one?
I highly suggest it if you can get one, because it would really calm you down immensely, and ease up your stress a lot. Then your period might come.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.