Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » string of events

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: string of events
panther11
Neophyte
Member # 38248

Icon 11 posted      Profile for panther11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so i have recently had some string of events that have lead me to where i am now. Over a month ago my boyfriend and i had sex for the first time. I was on the last day of my period, we didn't use anything and it only lasted for a verys hort period of time. He didn't go inside me, but with the scare of pre-cum i took the ec pill. I took it correctly and had some of the normal side effects. I'm now about a week late for my period and i took 2 tests. Negivite both times (and fast). I've also recently went to the doc and had a full paps done. There were some concerns and I had an untra sound preformed. The results came back and there were some problems (not related to pregnancy, although i would only be a month along) I don't have any concerns that i am pregnate (anymore) but i don't know why a haven't had my period. Have any ideas? Thanks!
Posts: 17 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panther11
Neophyte
Member # 38248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panther11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just re-read what i wrote, and i guess to clarify the results were not HIV related or anything like that. They said i has cysts on my left ovary and my right what really red and inflamed. I read up on some lit about the ec pill and it says i can be up to a week late on the period. Could i still be experiencing side effects of the pill? I have been inregular in the past and my doc said it could be due to many things. (ie-age, cyists, stress) I mean i guess i answered the question for myself, but i'm still just wondering any ideas?
Posts: 17 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The cysts may well be the issue here, and the EC can also toss cycles out of whack for a while. Too, if your cycles haven't yet regulated, there's kind of no telling when to expect a period or when it's actually late.

Just to make sure you know, if they did a transvaginal ultrasound to find the cysts, they would have detected a pregnancy as well. So, you can put that concern to rest.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 

[ 05-21-2008, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panther11
Neophyte
Member # 38248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for panther11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so just wondering they can detect pregnancy within a month? They did the type of ultra sound on the out side (on top of my pelvic area) They will be doing an intravascular ultra sound in july.

How out of wack can the ec pill make me?? Is there usually a time fram in which my period may show up?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. An abdonimal ultrasound, like you had, often won't detect a pregnancy that early, but it can. However, given all the tests they were doing with you, I would be very, very surprised if they did not include a pregnancy test as well. You can always call them and ask if they did.

EC can have no effect on a person's period, or, it appears from plenty of reports, it can toss off cycles for as many as a few cycles. How it effects bleeding and/or periods also seems to often depend on when it was taken during a woman's fertility cycle.

But since you have other issues going on, and also say your periods have frequently been irregular, to boot, I'm afraid there is no way for us to predict when the little bugger will show up again. [Frown]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panther11
Neophyte
Member # 38248

I took the pill on the last day of my period so, well i dunno I'm just hopping it shows up soon. I took 2 home tests and they were both negitive. I took one on the day of my miss period and one today (a week moreor less later) With the factors i'm guessing my chances are about zero but i'm just worried.
panther11
Neophyte
Member # 38248

Thanks for the help tho! I feel a lot better! I looked up some stuff and recieved an answer in a different area. I guess I'm asking for something godly for someone to predict the exact day it will arrive! lol But thanks!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.