Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnancy? miscarriage? HELP PLEASE URGENT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy? miscarriage? HELP PLEASE URGENT
Macy
Neophyte
Member # 38275

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Macy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and i had sex without a condom on the 23 of last month i ended my period last month on the 22, which lasted about 7 days. He didn't ejaculate inside of me but i'm scared for preejaculation On friday the 25 of april i took a EC; Plan B pill before time was up and i wasn't too nervous about it.

Well, now i'm freaking out because Just yesterday May 2 i started getting cramps like, period cramps and i didnt think anything of it, but when i went home i realised that i had like a second period, but it wasn't really heavy. I'm not due for a period for about 2 weeks or so. I'm not on birth control because my mom just doesn't understand. And today i'm still bleeding heavier and releasing blood clots and stuff. However sometimes it seems heavier then others.

Could this be caused by the Plan B and it's possible i could have been pregnant? Do you think that it's just because the pill effected it and it worked? Is there still a chance i am pregnant? Or is this a miscarriage?

I really need help! please. [Frown] my parents let alone family will be so dissapointed, i just; i guess i dont know where to go from here. [Confused] [Frown]

Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Macy, please do not double-post as it is against the user guidelines which you agreed to when you signed up for this site.

If you are having bleeding like that, then no, you aren't pregnant. EC doesn't cause a miscarriage, either, so it's unlikely that's what you are experiencing here. EC is a huge dose of hormones so that could be why you are having your period early. Those blood clots you see are just the lining of your uterus. Sometimes it can be clumpy like that. It's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. You will want to eat foods with iron in them to make sure you don't get an iron deficiency because of the heavy bleeding. Some foods which contain iron include: red meat, fortified cereals, nuts, seeds, dried beans, dried fruit (apricots, peaches, raisins, and prunes) and dark green leafy vegetables.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macy
Neophyte
Member # 38275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about double-posting :[

oh, but why would it come when it just barely finished isn't that a little un-normal? I thought Plan B was to eliminate anything inside of you so i thought it was possible that maybe there was something there and it eliminated it due to the symtoms i'm having right now.

How long will this bleeding go on for?

Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

10 Common Myths, Misunderstandings and Big Ol' Lies About Emergency Contraception

Emergency Contraception

Those articles should clear up a few questions you are having. Different people react to the hormones in EC in different ways, so having your period early isn't so unusual. It's hard to say how long the bleeding will last since EC does affect people differently. If the heavy bleeding lasts for more than a week, then you may want to see a doctor about it to make sure everything is okay.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macy
Neophyte
Member # 38275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So i am thinking about going to planned parenthood on Monday. What do you suggest that i do?
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Can you rephrase it? Why are you going to Planned Parenthood?

--------------------

Macy
Neophyte
Member # 38275

i'm going to planned parenthood to discuss what is wrong with me, i'm kind of scared that this is happening and alot of people said that you can still be pregnant.

my boyfriend talked to his boss at work whose wife had the same problem and they said that her bleeding lasted about 4 days and they thought she had a miscarriage.

But i just don't understand why my "period" would come after a week or two since i last finished?

So you really think i have nothing to worry about?

orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Honestly, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Irregular bleeding is a side effect of EC, and you can't have a period and still be pregnant. Just the same, if you are this worried, then go ahead and go to the doctor if it will give you some peace of mind. You and your boyfriend will also want to get STI testing done anyways as you did have an STI risk.

I'll also add that you and your boyfriend really should be looking into birth control methods. If wearing condoms is a problem for him, then it's time to have a serious talk with him about boundaries and babies. Condoms are 98% effective when used correctly and protect against STIs. They're also pretty cheap and very easy to obtain, and they don't cause any side effects (unless one of you has a latex allergy, but in that case all you need to do is use nonlatex polyurethane condoms).

[ 05-03-2008, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: orca ]

--------------------

Macy
Neophyte
Member # 38275

yeah, um he normally does wear one it was the one time that we tried without one and yeah..

i dont know, i'll let you know, thank you so much for all your help :]

orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

You're very welcome, and feel free to come back if you have any more questions. [Smile]

Remember, though, that it's best to use a condom every time, even when you are on your period, as being on your period at the time doesn't mean that you can't get pregnant. Just take a look at this question someone else asked about sex and periods.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.