Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » BLEEDING

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BLEEDING
pixeldot
Activist
Member # 16061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pixeldot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I'm horrified.

So I just went to the bathroom and I'm bleeding down there. It seems to be period blood (brownish, heavier than real blood). It's enough to be a full period, not just spotting, and I'm getting cramps too. Cramps that are worse than my usual period cramps.

But the thing is... I just ended my period last monday. And I'm on birth control. So I'm not due for my period for another 2 weeks.

Why am I bleeding? Is it serious? Its 11pm, so I can't see the doctor until tomorrow afternoon.

I'm really really worried =(

Edit: I just realized I've forgotten to take my pill for the past 2 days (Don't worry, I haven't had sex in over a month and probably won't again until May, due to a long distance relationship). Could that cause the bleeding?

[ 04-14-2008, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: pixeldot ]

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That could indeed cause the bleeding. The pamphlet that comes with your pills should have instructions for what to do in this situation, but if not post the brand here and we'll help.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pixeldot
Activist
Member # 16061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pixeldot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have the pamphlet, but the pills are Solia.
Posts: 90 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From here:
quote:
If you miss one dose, take it as soon as you remember and then take the next pill at the regular time as usual. You may take 2 tablets in one day. If you miss two doses (days) in a row, take 2 tablets for the next 2 days, then, continue with your regular schedule. Whenever 1 or 2 doses are missed, you should use a second method of contraception for the next 7 days in addition to taking the pills. If you miss three doses in a row, you should notify your physician or other health care professional for instructions. You will probably need to throw away the rest of the tablets in that cycle pack and start over.

[ 04-14-2008, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: -Jill ]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pixeldot
Activist
Member # 16061

Thanks. I went to the doctor. They said the period was definitely caused by the birth control, and said I should double up until I catch up.
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you find yourself forgetting to take your pills, you should try leaving yourself a note somewhere you're likely to see it every morning. If it becmes a consistent problem of forgetting remember that there are other methods that don't require you remember to take a pill every morning.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.