Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I've been somewhat (very) stupid..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've been somewhat (very) stupid..
Marquis_de_Carabas
Neophyte
Member # 28410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marquis_de_Carabas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm ashamed to have to share this one.

OK. My boyfriend and I have been together 3 years and are each other's first and only sexual partners. I get regular smear tests, but he doesn't get them, as he "doesn't see the need to". We argue about that one. I'm on the Pill.

I got quite drunk last night and ended up giving him oral sex. I remember thinking at the time that something was definitely not right with his penis. It smelled odd. I would almost say fishy. It was horrible and strongly bitter. But my sense of smell goes a bit AWOL when I'm drunk, so I carried on. [Roll Eyes]

To my currently hungover and worried mind, that sort of strong smell suggests a yeast infection. But I thought there would be other symptoms - like itching and flaky spots etc if that was the case? I certainly don't have any of those symptoms (but might possibly be about to develop them), and have had a yeast infection before many years ago, which is how I recognized the smell.

My question is, can a yeast infection be transmitted through unprotected oral sex? I've heard you can get thrush in the mouth, but am not sure if it's a separate strain of the same virus or whether it's the same. What symptoms are associated with oral "thrush" and can it be passed from partner to partner like an STD? We nearly always use a condom, but due to the Pill, we've been a little lax recently.

It was a ridiculously stupid mistake to make. I'm mentally punching myself. The boyfriend is getting himself to the doctor as soon as he can, no excuses this time.

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.