Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnant??? im scared.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant??? im scared.
jennifer4693
Neophyte
Member # 36345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennifer4693     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my boyfriend had sex about 17 days ago.
it was unprotected and our very first time.
the next day, about 24 hours exactly afterwards, i took Plan B.
about 2-3 days after i took plan b, i had bleeding, what i thought was my period. it only last 3 days though and wasn't spotting, but like medium bleeding. but i had just gotten my period 1 week before the unprotected sex, so my first question is could the bleeding i had be my period? or could the plan b have caused it?
then me and my boyfriend had sex about 3 more times since then but all protected. so i haven't really worried.
but today, i noticed some white discharge and it smelled bad, and i heard if your pregnant, it smells bad. [i have no idea where i heard that but i did]
so my second question is that mabey the plan b didn't work and could the discharge be a sign of pregnancy or somthing?
its been somewhere around 18 days since my last REAL period so could i just be ovaluating?
or mabey the Plan B is still having effect on my body even though i took it about 15 days ago?
i'm just really freaked out right now. i'm way to young to be pregnant. i have no idea what i'd do.
please tell me anything you can.

Posts: 2 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennifer4693
Neophyte
Member # 36345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennifer4693     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i didn't have my period a whole week before the unprotected sex. i had just gotten off it the day before.
sorry. my bad.

Posts: 2 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You took the EC very soon after the risk, and you've had period-like bleeding since, so it's not likely at all that you are pregnant. And certainly, EC can affect you for a while after taking it (it's a huge dose of hormones) so still experiencing some wonkyness in your menstrual cycle is normal.

Smelly discharge is not a sign of pregnancy, either. If your discharge smells bad, it's more likely you caught yourself an infection, and it would be wise to get that checked out by a gyn.

Keep in mind that unprotected sex also carries the risk of STI transmission, so if you two aren't up to date on your tests, now is a good time to make an appointment to get tested.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.