Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Scared and Upset

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared and Upset
hayspins
Activist
Member # 24120

Icon 9 posted      Profile for hayspins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, this might be long. Tonight my boyfriend and I were fooling around. It got to the point that we were going to have intercourse. Normally was ALWAYS use a condom. This time, it was that random heat of passion where we basically said screw it. This is the first time either have us have ever in our lifes had unprotected sex. We have both been tested for STDs previously and are clean.

I am on birth control, the ortho evra patch. I am kind of worried because I was supposed to put the new series on friday night and it didnt get put on til saturday night because the pharmacy couldnt fill it until then. What I mean by new series is the next patch after my period. And not to mention the fact that we didn't use a condom. There was no ejaculation inside the vagina, or anywhere near the vaginal area. Not to give details but when he felt he was going to, he told me to move and I jumped to the other side of the bed. I know that there is still a risk because of the precum. How much of a risk is there?

I tend to worry. I am normally compliant with my patches except this one time. I am very worried over this. I know that EC is available but its like $40 in our area. And I am not employed right there, and therefore don't have the money for it.

Any opinions would be great and helpful. I am just scared. And of course my boyfriend says he will be here even if we would get pregnant, but so many guys say that and that worries me! Because I think he would, but my friend thought her babies dad would too. Please respond.

Posts: 65 | From: Edwardsville, IL, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given you have been using the patch previous to this, that you were only one day late in starting, and that he did not fully ejaculate, I'd say you are not looking at a big risk here.

If you do want to use EC, your boyfriend could certainly at least pay for half of it, no? As well, if you're not employed, you can check out your local Planned Parenthood branch and get it on a sliding scale.

But personally -- and believe me, I'm one of those people who very much wants to avoid pregnancy -- were it me in this same situation, I'd probably feel okay skipping the EC with this one. Obviously, if you'd feel better using it, and can't deal with even a small risk, by all means do get it and use it for yourself, though.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hayspins
Activist
Member # 24120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hayspins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much Heather. I just wanted to make sure. And my boyfriend is very understanding and last night after it happened and I started to worry he said he would take me today to get EC if I wanted it. And he would help me pay for it. I just wanted to check to see how big of a risk I was looking at.

Because immediately after the act happened, I went in the bathroom and wiped myself out so hopefully prevent it a little more. But I tend to worry easily.

Anyways thanks so much for your response!

Posts: 65 | From: Edwardsville, IL, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, wiping doesn't do anything, just so you know. Sperm are fast little swimmers.

But still, I don't see a big risk here. However, again, if you feel better taking EC, then by all means, take EC.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.