Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » please please help me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please please help me!
candybar
Neophyte
Member # 31382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candybar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, please help me, my period is about 4 days late, Ive been having dry sex but always fully clothed, I also had a pap smear (and a vaginal ultrasound) done right after my last period ended.

Whats going on!! Im scared!! Can I be pregnant?

Posts: 39 | From: usa | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I ask how you count days to know when to expect your period? In other words, you do know your average number of days in your cycle and count that way, right?

You posted you were going to get that pap on the 5th of this month. So, given it's the 31st, your period would only be late, today, if your normal cycle is 26 days or fewer, and only four days late if your normal cycles are just 22 days each. Is that so?

[ 12-31-2007, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
It's normal to sometimes experience a late or even a missed period. This can be due to a lot of things such as a change in your diet, an increase in the amount of exercice you do, stress among other things.

If you have only been engaging in dry sex fully clothed and not other sexual activity, then you haven't had any pregnancy risk and therefore just can't be pregnant.

Here, I suggest checking this out:
MIA or DUDE: Where's my period ?

(Edited: Mindmeld again ! You are just way too fast ! [Smile] )

[ 12-31-2007, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candybar
Neophyte
Member # 31382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candybar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My last period started on November 27th, and my cycles are 30 or 31 days long. So,today, Im about 5 days late.
Posts: 39 | From: usa | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okie dokie.

If you're sure you had no pregnancy risks, and since you so recently had a GYN exam so we can be pretty darn sure you're in good order, I don't see any reason to sweat over this.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candybar
Neophyte
Member # 31382

Well, as i said, I've been having dry sex lately but both of us wearing jeans and underwear all the time.
I guess there's no risk from that, am i right?

Heather
Member # 3

Nope, there really isn't. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

candybar
Neophyte
Member # 31382

Thank you, and happy 2008!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.