Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » PREGNACY SCARE AND IM ONLY 14. PLEASE HELP!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PREGNACY SCARE AND IM ONLY 14. PLEASE HELP!!!
mallory4693
Neophyte
Member # 36212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mallory4693     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok. i'm 14, and last sunday [december 16th] i had sex with my boyfriend of almost a year for the very first time. before this, i had given him a hand job and he cummed. so when we had sex, he came quick, and we didn't use any protection because he thought he knew when he would come and that it would last longer. after about 1 mintue of intercourse, i made him pull out and he did but about a second after he did, he came. and it wasn't much, so he thinks alot got inside me. so the next day, about 24 hours exactly later, my friend's mom bought me Plan B and i took it right there in the car, then the second dose 12 hours later, which was 5:30 the next morning. i was trying to get alot of information and stuff on this cause i'm completely freaked out that i may be pregant. and i read about how it depends on when you ovalute if you become preganat or not. so i remebered that we had sex the day after i got off my period so it was about the 5th or 6th day of my cycle, cause my periods never last long. since girls normally ovalute the 14th day of their cycle, i figured i would be okay and not pregnant, since i had about 9 more days til then. and sperm can only live up 7 days in a girl, right? well, me and my boyfriend had sex again yesterday [decemeber 22] this time with a condom and he didn't cum. and i woke up this morning and found that i had bleeding, what looked to be like a really light period. i was excited at first cause i thought it was really my period and that i didnt have to worry anymore, but now i'm not so sure cause i was
reading on a different site that spotting can occour during implantion of an egg, but the bleeding should be brownish or light pink and mine was red. and i also read on this site that EC can cause spotting or light bleeding. so is the bleeding i'm experienceing more likely from the EC or implantation?? or would it be too early for implantation since i had unprotected sex only a week ago?? i'm sooo scared. i don't know what i would do if i was pregnant cause i'm so young and my mom has already told me if i do get pregnant, i get kicked out. and i have no where to go! so i can't really find a way to a doctor or anything cause that would involve telling my mom about this whole ordeal. so please tell me ANYTHING that could help me.

Posts: 19 | From: missouri | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All unprotected genital contact presents a pregnancy risk, even if he doesn't ejaculate, so it's very important to make sure you're using protection every time you have intercourse (not only to protect against pregnancy, but STIs as well- if you haven't both been tested, you've also had an STI risk).

Since you took EC after that risk, though, promptly and as directed, and because you used a condom yesterday, there's no reason to think you're pregnant.

EC can cause wonky bleeding for sure, so that may be from the EC, or it may simply be your period (EC can make periods lighter, too). It does not sound like you're having implantation bleeding, which, by the way, is rare.

So, take a deep breath and try to calm down- you don't have a thing to worry about with regards to pregnancy. However, since you had an STI risk earlier, it would be a good idea to get yourself some screenings from your gyn.

Too, if you absolutley cannot get yourself to a doctor or gyn to take care of your sexual health (and that includes not being able to go to a Planned Parenthood or something similar), and if pregnancy absolutely CANNOT happen for you, you need to consider whether or not you're really ready for sex right now. Check this article out: Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist

[Edit: AND, the age of consent in Missouri is 17, so you're actually too young to legally give consent to sexual activity. Any sexual activity you're having right now is actually against the law, and there can be pretty harsh consequences should you get caught. Also, Scarleteen cannot condone illegal activity, so be aware that we will not encourage you to have sex if you're not at the age of consent.]

[ 12-23-2007, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Leabug ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mallory4693
Neophyte
Member # 36212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mallory4693     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you for helping ease my worries a little.
but i know that EC's arn't 100% effective. so that's still got me a little worried.
and i didn't mean to make the mulitple posts.
the add new post button thing didn't work. i'm sorry.
but are you sure that i have nothing to worry about?
oh and thanks for telling me its illegal in missouri for what i've been doing. i'll defaintly let him know that next time we go to have sex, which i don't think i will again for a WHILE.
and he's been tested before for STI's so i'm sure i don't have to worry about that. and i was a virgin before him so yeah.
but would EC's also make my period come this early? i mean, i just got off of it december 15th...

Posts: 19 | From: missouri | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ECs could make a period come a bit early, or this may simply be some spotting or irregular bleeding caused by it, too. EC is essentially a whopping huge dose of hormones, and it can do some pretty weird things to your body.

If you're really concerned about pregnancy still, you can take a test once it's been 10-14 days since the risk occurred.

As far as STI risks go, there are some that can be transmitted through non-sexual means, such as oral herpes (cold sores) which can be spread from kissing a relative, sharing a cup with someone, etc. So it's still best to use latex barriers until you've been tested too. (And was he tested for STIs recently? Has he had any other sexual partners since he was tested, or just you?)

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mallory4693
Neophyte
Member # 36212

he has been tested recently, and no he hasnt had anyone else except me since he's been tested.
but i could i ask your opinoin?
do you honestly think that there is anything pregnacy wise that i should worry about?
or do you think i'm just over reacting a little bit?

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

I don't think you need to worry about pregnancy- EC is pretty effective, especially if you take it right away, like you did.

--------------------
Lea

mallory4693
Neophyte
Member # 36212

alright, thanks. i have one more thing though.
the bleeding i was telliing you about got heavier, and i got cramps so i figured mabey it was just my period. then last night, there was some brownish stuff, like what people described when they had implantaion bleeding. so now i'm just a tiny bit more scared. =[
and now today, there is barely any bleeding at all.
so could this still be from EC, even though its exactly like implantation bleeding?

-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Lea said earlier, EC can definitely do weird things to your body. Since you took it so soon after the risk, you should be ok. Implantation bleeding is quite rare, so I wouldn't worry.

If you're this concerned however, you can take a pregnancy test to ease your mind. I know that in your other thread you said that everyone has suggested that, but it remains a good suggestion.

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

(Too, that doesn't sound exactly like implantation bleeding to me. Implantation bleeding is simply light spotting, and you've got some heavier stuff going on, so really, no need to worry.)

--------------------
Lea

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may also want to keep in mind that the age of consent in Missouri is 17. This could mean serious legal trouble for your boyfriend (and you, if your boyfriend is under 17).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Missouri

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.