Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnant?
m-
Neophyte
Member # 36189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, So me and my boyfriend of 5 years had sex last week. While we were having sex he was trying to go as long as he could, and comming onto the end he was trying hard to not go, but i guess he ended up going a little and he went soft.. I was on top and when i was getting off him i was trying to hold the condom on him but he jerked and the condom slipped of and stayed inside me.. but i just carefully took the condom out of me and there was no holes in it or anything, and there was a little bit of sperm.. I have been on the pill for the last three years, and i try and take it at the same time everyday but I am a young adult and with college and stuff on the weekends you dont wake up the same time as you would on the weekdays so its sometimes a few hours in the difference.. this incident occured last thursday ( the last day of a real pill) and then i got my period on sunday like normal.. but is it possible that i can still get pregnant after my period has ended if their is sperm in me? my period lasted the normal amount of days... also i was on medication last week due to a bladder infection, and the doctor told me that it could affect my pill? my mom doesn't think that i should be worried. but i just wanted to see what you guys might think?

--------------------
m-

Posts: 1 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with your Mom.

The combination pill, all by itself, is incredib ly effective. Given, that's when it's taken properly, but taking it a couple hours late now and then really isn't improper use: grace periods are built into the pill in that way.

Too, medications for UTIS generally will not interfere with the pill's effectiveness.

However, if you're feeling like the pill isn;t working for you right now per it being too touch to take on time, for your own peace of mind, and to be sure you have the most effective BC you can, you might want to talk to your healthcare provider about a method you don't have to take every day. If you prefer hormonal methods, the pill is the only one that needs to be taken daily -- there are several other options you only need to worry about anywhere from once a week to once every couple years.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67973 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.