Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Frusterated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Frusterated
Stargirl85
Activist
Member # 26547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargirl85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always work myself up right before my period for some reason, especially when I haven't been taking my pills on time. It's especially annoying because a few days before, all these pregnancy ads seem to come up and pregnancy within the TV shows I watch, etc that just makes me more and more paranoid. Yes it's a little crazy. I was just wondering if there is a high chance of me getting pregnant this time since I neglected to take the pills properly. I think this is the worst I've done so far. My first actual pill after my last period, I took 8 hours later. I was supposed to take it at 7PM and ended up taking it at 3AM in the morning. For a total of a week this month, although not a whole week straight, I must have taken my pills around 10-12PM instead of 7 as well. I do use a condom and I may have had sex maybe 3 times this month and as far as I know, nothing broke and everything was okay. I am on alesse and I have been on it for over a year with no problems. But I actually think this is the worst I've done with the pills, I've been at work a lot of the time when I'm supposed to take it and I completely forget. Do you think I have a high chance of pregnancy? Help!
Posts: 104 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you used a condom every time and it did not break or come off, you do not have a pregnancy risk. That's true with our without your birth control pills.

It sounds like you're having a hard time taking your pills on time. Are you sure the pill is right for you? Other options like the patch or the ring might be more compatible. It's also worth remembering that condoms are highly effective if you decide hormonal birth control is not right for you.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.