Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I've read the ! but still - pregnancy scare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've read the ! but still - pregnancy scare
PennyLaneK8t
Neophyte
Member # 33744

Icon 11 posted      Profile for PennyLaneK8t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i need to know if i am pregnant.

My last period was November 20th (its now December 19). The last time I had sex was December 2nd. I am taking birth control (Ortho Tri Cyclen Low). I've been taking bc for about a year now, but end of November, beginning of December (when we had sex) I hadn't ordered a new packet in time, and went for about a week without. Now, my breasts are swollen and sore, i think getting bigger also. I'm bloated. I shouldn't be having my period for 5 more days according to the pill packet. and today i noticed bleeding and it was thicker than normal. I'm craving skim milk. Drank about a gallon of it in 2 days. Discharge has been normal. Headaches have occurred every once in a while.

i just need some answers. It's finals week, I'm stressed enough all ready.

Posts: 6 | From: Nebraska | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Missing a full week of birth control pills and going on to have unprotected intercourse warrants a significant risk of pregnancy. If it's been at least 2 weeks since your last incidence of intercourse, you can take a pregnancy test to get an accurate result.

Don't drive yourself nuts looking for symptoms; pregnancy tests are the only reliable way to know what's going on. :)

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PennyLaneK8t
Neophyte
Member # 33744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PennyLaneK8t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We did use protection
sorry I forgot to add that part
He used a condom, and even pulled out before he got off.
Still a big risk?

Posts: 6 | From: Nebraska | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, using a condom significantly reduces your risk.

HOWEVER, pulling out while using a condom can increase your risk, as condoms are made to be ejaculated into. Pulling out increases the risk of slippage, especially if he is in a big hurry to pull out quickly.

It could be the combination of your hormones being a little wonky, with the stress of your finals. You could still take a preganancy test if it would ease your mind, but your risk is nowhere near as high as it would have been if you used no condom at all.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.