Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Please tell me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please tell me!
lilac55
Neophyte
Member # 36081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilac55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recenty became sexually active--about a week ago-- and since then have had sex 8 times, each time with protection. About a week before i became sexually active, i took ec, because of some dry sex that wasn't so dry.
The problem is that i think my period was supposed to start on tuesday. I am actually unsure as to how long my cycle is, so it may not have supposed to come on tuesday. I've been getting mild cramps dor the past few days, along with breast soreness
I'm 95 percent certain i'm not pregnant, and how no reason to believe that i would be, except my missing period.
My question is-- can ec taken inbetween periods (at approximate time of ovulation) delay a period
Also-can having sex for the first time change your cycle (i know people for whom that was the case)

ANY peace of mind would be incredible. And i know that me stressing makes it less likely to come, but i can't help it.

Posts: 5 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EC is a huge dose or hormones and one of its most common side effects are late or missed periods. So, yep, you're likely experiencing a side effect from taking EC.

Did you use condoms? If they did not visibly tear or slip, then you have no risk to begin with.

And nope, having sex does not alter the menstrual cycle.

[ 12-16-2007, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilac55
Neophyte
Member # 36081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilac55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when you say slip, after he comes and pulls out, the condom moves down his penis a little bit, leaving extra room at the end. is that a risk? None of his semen is on the outside

Also--what a cruel joke, that taking ec to prevent pregnancy causes a delay of menstruation. what irony.

[ 12-16-2007, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: lilac55 ]

Posts: 5 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, that's pretty typical and not a risk. As long as semen couldn't have leaked out, such as slipping off and being left inside the vagina, you don't have a risk.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilac55
Neophyte
Member # 36081

thanks!
luckily, i got my period

never been more happy to have cramps!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.