Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Started bleeding today

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Started bleeding today
seasons
Neophyte
Member # 36079

Icon 11 posted      Profile for seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, due to all of my problems, I am pretty much a regular here now. I'm the one who wrote about the pink discharge yesterday; after some period-like cramping last evening, I'm bleeding today.

Two days ago I talked to a nurse who told me that I may have breakthrough bleeding from having to take Plan B on the evening of November 22nd. Up until two days ago, I hadn't really had many effects from Plan B other than some abdominal tightening. It's hard for me to believe that ONE DAY after the nurse said this, it happened ... which is why I can't fathom the bleeding is coming from Plan B.

A lot of thoughts are coming through my mind:
Am I pregnant? Is this implantation bleeding?

I'm just very scared right now. I don't believe in abortion and I know I won't be able to go to college with a baby and what will my family think?
I can't really make a big deal about this and schedule the doctor's appointment, because my mom will know and if it IS a false alarm, a lot of things are going to change. She has my insurance card in her purse -- I stole it the last time, but I'm not sure how many times I can do that without getting caught -- you know?

I'm on the second week of my pill cycle (second Thursday in the pack), and I know it's not normal to bleed during your pack unless something is wrong.

Also, I have been worrying myself sick lately. Could this have brought on the bleeding I'm experiencing today? I really doubt it, but you never know ...

What are the odds of it being Plan B or from pregnancy from sex without a condom (and pull-out method, which I know is not effective) on Sunday morning in the early A.M.?

[ 12-14-2007, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: seasons ]

Posts: 39 | From: The United States | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plan B is a whopping dose of hormones. That, on top of regular hormonal birthcontrol, is going to throw your body off.

It could just be a coincedence that it happened after the nurse said it would, but the bleeding is most likely from the Plan B.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seasons
Neophyte
Member # 36079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would it also give me period-like cramps before the bleeding, as well?
Posts: 39 | From: The United States | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Implantation bleeding does not resemble a normal period, so if this is at all like a period, that's likely to be from the plan B.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seasons
Neophyte
Member # 36079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I am bleeding much/at all today.
How do I know the difference between a period and implantation bleeding?

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, implantation bleeding is very light, more like spotting, and only lasts a couple of days. It's also very rare - it only happens in one third of all pregnancies.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.