Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » . is hiding?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: . is hiding?
thom
Neophyte
Member # 25940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, so in October, my girl and I had protected sex. we were both very nervous afterwards because of the risk of pregnancy and all of that, but 10 days later(oct. 30th) she had her period. anyway... since then we haven't done anything to risk pregnancy, yet, since that period, she hasnt had another. We're both somewhat concerned for some reason.. there isnt a pregnancy risk is there? and what are other reasons for missing a period? also, she says her breasts have been tender for about a week now( and from what I understand this is a symptom that she should be having her period soon)

anyway, are there any ideas out there as to what the problem could be? whether it's pregnancy,or otherwise?

Thom

Posts: 16 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A woman cannot have a normal period (length, flow, etc) and still be pregnant. Having a period means shedding the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is used to nourish and protect a growing pregnancy. Shed the endometrium and you have nothing to grow and protect a pregnancy with.

Does she have regular periods normally? It is very common for young women to have irregular periods for the first few years ... If she is generally irregular, i wouldn't worry too much about it. If this is new though, it may be worth a trip to the doctor.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thom
Neophyte
Member # 25940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
she said her period "lasted a while" so I guess it means itwas a full one... hers have always been off.. but not this severly..
Posts: 16 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.