Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I Need Advice!! HELP!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Need Advice!! HELP!!!
amber444
Neophyte
Member # 36092

Icon 4 posted      Profile for amber444     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

This is my first time here and I'm freaking out. Three weeks ago I went out with friends, got really drunk (stupid I know) and may have had sexual contact with someone else. My friends and everyone say we were just making out but I'm not sure. Anyways, that's not the point.I'm scared I'm pregnant.I've been on the pill for quite some time, and am always pretty good about taking it at the right time. However,later that night I threw up (I usually take my pill around 6pm) and then the next day threw up again at 9pm. Im' scared that my pills didn't get absorbed into my body.

Also, a week before my period was supposed to started getting this weird brown like "period" that wasn't very heavy, but was kind of clotty. It lasted about a week and then I thought my normal period would start. I didnt' really...there were a few days where there was some "real" blood, but other than that just the brown stuff. I'm freaking!!

ALso the last few days I've been feelign kind of bloaty and crampy, which I read could be a sign of pregnancy. I've taken a test that came out negative but I"m still super scared...HELP!!

Posts: 3 | From: usa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you took a test that showed negative around 2 weeks after the pregnancy risk or beyond, you're not pregnant. The body produces enough hormone (progesterone) to keep the uterine lining intact for only around 2 weeks after ovulation -- you have your period when production stops. This means it's extremely unlikely for a pregnancy to go undetected past 14 days, and virtually all pregnancies will be detected by a sensitive urine test by this time.

Of greater importance is to get in for STI screenings as soon as you can -- with pregnancy, you have far more options to work with than a chronic illness with no cure. Luckily, the more common infections are easily cured with a course of antibiotics, but they can cause serious harm to the reproductive organs if left untreated. Do you need help finding some place to go?

I'm sure you've already learned your lesson per drinking past the point you are aware of your actions (and we're obligated to tell you that if you're under 21, you must stop altogether, as it is not lawful), but in the future, emergency contraception is available to prevent pregnancy when taken within 5 days of unprotected intercourse, as are some preventive measures with STI exposure. [Smile]

[ 12-10-2007, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amber444
Neophyte
Member # 36092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amber444     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your reply...I took another test this morning, and one just now ( I know...paranoid) they both came out negative, but I'm still kind of freaking out. I'm not sure what up with my stomache and why it's been feeling so weird, everything I looked up online said this could be a symptom of pregnancy. I'm consider going and getting a pregnancy blood test done tomorrow, or am I just being ridiculous? I just dont understand why I didnt have a normal period when I ALWAYS do.

I have learned my lesson regarding drinking (and I am over 21 [Smile] ) and have gotten STI screened already. I just cant' believe this happened, I may have ruined my life!

Posts: 3 | From: usa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing with looking for symptoms of pregnancy is: pretty much anything could cause the symptoms. The only true way to know if you are pregnant or not is to take a pregnancy test, and as you've said you've taken three so far, all negative, it is very safe to say that you aren't pregnant.

Stress can be a major factor in getting our periods on time. You are so stressed out about this incident, it's probably no wonder that you are late. All of your symptoms could just be pre-menstrual signs, as well, so i'm betting that if you wait this out, you'll get your period.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amber444
Neophyte
Member # 36092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amber444     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My next period is still almost 3 weeks away. I was supposed to get it last week, but all I got was that weird browny spotty stuff. I don't know...I feel like I"m going insane. I think I might go for the blood test just in case. I know that having negative pregnancy tests is a good thing, but I've also noticed that in the last couple of days my urine has been really light in color. Does this effect the tests since it's like "watered down"? Ah!
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Healthy urine IS supposed to be light in color, so the tests will be able to pick up any hcG if any is present in yours. No worries there.

You know what, if going to the doctor and getting a blood test done will reassure you, there's no harm in going ahead and getting it done, if three negative pregnancy tests won't give you peace of mind.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.