Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Potential Pregnancy Scare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Potential Pregnancy Scare
bob_jones200387
Neophyte
Member # 36066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob_jones200387     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I was fingering my girlfriend, she went to the bathroom and while she was in the bathroom I was readjusting my boxers and checked to see if there was pre-cum on my penis which there was. She came back into the room about 5 minutes later and I started fingering her again, which was stupid I know. I realised after about 5 seconds and stopped and went and washed my hands. I was worried about the risk of pregnancy. I had not ejaculated for over 24 hours when the incident took place and I have urinated several times. What are the risks? Should my gf take EC?
Posts: 4 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see a real risk here, nor any need for emergency contraception.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob_jones200387
Neophyte
Member # 36066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob_jones200387     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I did touch some of the pre-cum when I was readjusting my boxers. Does this make a difference?

Sorry for further question, just want to be absolutely sure.

Thanks.

Posts: 4 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the delay: had to run out to a breakfast meeting.

You've said that you'd urinated before this, and to boot, that kind of indirect contact even with a full ejaculation would make a pregnancy risk unlikely.

So again, I don't see a risk here. But for the future? One thing that can make all of this a no-brainer, and also tends to make manual sex feel awfully nice for women is using latex gloves and lubricant. That way, not only do things feel slick and nice, but when you're taking a pause, you can just take your glove off and then put on a new one when you start again. Voila!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob_jones200387
Neophyte
Member # 36066

Hi again. Sorry to oontinue. But what do you mean by indirect contact? My main worry is still that there might have been precum on my finger when i fingered her.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.