Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » peace of mind

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: peace of mind
gymgirl72456
Neophyte
Member # 35948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gymgirl72456         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much volunteers...

I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time 12 days ago. I am on birth control and have been for about six months now and a condom was used. Almost immedsaltly after I threw up and I have had a loss of appetite for the entire time now and feel odd sometimes. I think it might be stress because I cant sleep and I am constantly obsessing over the fact that I might be pregnant. I have taken two birth control tests and both came out negative, one being taken today. I need to know what the chances of me being pregnant are or if it was too early to taken the pregnanct test 12 days after sex? Thank you...

Posts: 10 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Please don't double-post topics. It's against the guidelines. I deleted the other thread you started with this same content.)

As long as you have been correctly taking your birth control (everyday, same time, not taking/doing anything to interfere, etc.) and you correctly used condoms for all genital contact and they did not break, you basically have nothing to worry about here. Either condoms or hormonal birth control (when correctly used) are very effective, and when you team them up, they're about as low risk as it is possible to get (outside complete abstinence). So from your description, it sounds like you were well protected. Pregnancy test are reliable as soon as 10 days after a risk, so you can rely on your results.

Really hon, it sounds like maybe you should rethink your readiness for sexual activity. Anytime where you have this kind of anxiety (especially when it is causing things like vomiting, loss of sleep, etc.), it really brings up questions of whether this is a good time for you to be sexually active or not. You may want to check out the following links:
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
Safer Sex...for Your Heart
What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessments
10 of the Best Things You Can Do for Your Sexual Self (at Any Age)

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gymgirl72456
Neophyte
Member # 35948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gymgirl72456         Edit/Delete Post 
in other words i'm not pregnant?!
Posts: 10 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You used a condom which did not break, and you are on birth control. Thus, there was no preganncy risk. And you have had two negative pregnancy tests, which pretty much means you are not pregnant.

Please, read the articles Sarah linked you to, especially the first one.

[ 12-01-2007, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.