Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » condom break question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condom break question
bibba
Neophyte
Member # 35755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bibba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I was having sex with my girlfriend & i felt the condom break so I pulled out And we used another condom after. the question is I've already purchased the Plan B pill before & I purchased another today so everything should be taken care of. But I would like to know the likely hood of my girlfriend getting pregant?like % wise or something. thank you for the help
Posts: 15 | From: america | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the third time your girlfriend has taken EC in the last two weeks, bibba. EC is really meant for emergencies- it is NOT intended to be used frequently, as it's a big dose of hormones that can be really rough on the body. Condoms really should not be breaking this frequently- are you putting them on correctly and using lubricant? Leaving room at the tip?

It is not likely your girlfriend will get pregnant as long as she takes the EC in a timely manner and as directed.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bibba
Neophyte
Member # 35755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bibba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I am using it correctly but Im going to start using lube starting tomarrow so I think that should help. I also think it was because of these certain condoms so ill be switching around trying to find a better product.
Posts: 15 | From: america | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a plan- extra lube really is a good idea with condoms, as even the lubricated ones don't really have enough on them.

Also, where are you storing your condoms? It's best to keep them somewhere room temperature and away from direct light (ie in a dresser drawer). Storing them improperly (by a heating vent, or in a bathroom, for example) can degrade the latex and make it break easier.

Too, make sure they aren't past the expiration date, as expired condoms are far more likely to break.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.