Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » dry sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dry sex
betterdays
Neophyte
Member # 35663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betterdays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can my girlfriend get pregnant if we had dry sex (she wore thongs and I wore jeans, boxers, and some of my shirt covered my crotch)? She went on top of me and humped me really hard, and when I went to the bathroom, I had precum spot on my pants and when I looked at my boxers it had a big spot of precum. Can she get pregnant? And we did it twice, the first time with jeans and the other time with dickies pants. She was really wet and I was wondering if sperm could have gotten to her vagina and if she can get pregnant. Also, I fingered her and when I was done she got close to those same jeans with a little the precum spot, and if she had touched that spot with her vagina can she get pregnant that way too?

--------------------
hey there.

Posts: 5 | From: cali | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, you'd have to try pretty hard to get pregnant from any of these scenarios. Sperm are hardy little guys, but not to the extent that they can bust through 3, even 2 layers of clothing and impregnate someone.

You're fine in all of the aforementioned instances.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betterdays
Neophyte
Member # 35663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betterdays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my girlfriend doesnt want to take birth control until its totally necessary. And we wont have sex because we think its best to wait. would you recommend birth control in this situation because all we really do is have dry sex like this and give oral and manual sex...

--------------------
hey there.

Posts: 5 | From: cali | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as you are both fully clothed during the dry sex, and as long as there is no direct genital contact with anything else, there is no pregnancy risk. However, with things like oral sex, it's best to wear a condom anyway to reduce the STI risk.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betterdays
Neophyte
Member # 35663

no direct genital contact...with anything else. what does that mean?

--------------------
hey there.

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Oops- the post was deleted as I was responding! [Smile] ]

[ 11-25-2007, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Leabug ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stewie
Neophyte
Member # 36047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stewie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the problem about unprotected sex is that it can lead to huge problems if youre careless. you should get her to take a pregnancy test because theres always a chance...
Posts: 7 | From: stewie's grotto | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Stewie- this is your third warning. This area is for staff and volunteer responses only. Please refrain from posting here and in Ask Scarleteen unless it's in your own thread or to ask a question.

Plus, there's really no need for a pregnancy test here, as there was no risk.]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.