Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » help...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help...
kiwi88
Neophyte
Member # 35790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kiwi88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, so my boyfriend and i engaged in manual sex over the weekend, and only later did i realize that i might have touched part of my vulva with a finger that could (but we don't know if it did) have come in contact with pre-cum. I was going to the bathroom at the time, but i'm pretty sure my hand had direct contact with skin. it's still within the 120 hrs for using ec, 80-90 hrs to be more precise, but this morning sometime btwn 70 and 80 hrs after contact i think i started my period. it seems redder than normal and i don't know if it's at a weird time or not so i was worried that it wasn't my period and was some sort of pregnancy related thing. it's about the right amount for my period and it's still going but i want to know if i could be pregnant... i really don't want to be! and this is the only thing i've ever done that could cause risk. the manual sex assessment said that there was a no to very low chance of pregnancy in a situation like this, but the very low chance is keeping me awake at night... advice please!
Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you're describing really sounds like it put you at 0 risk for pregnancy. Really, for there to be even a realistic risk for pregnancy through manual sex, your or your partner's hands would literally have to be soaked with ejaculate or pre-ejaculate and come in direct contract with your vulva/vaginal opening.

One finger brushing your vulva, that may have had just a little contact with pre-ejaculate would not pose a pregnancy risk.

I wouldn't recommend EC in this situation, and hopefully this reassured you that you really shouldn't have anything to worry about!

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kiwi88
Neophyte
Member # 35790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kiwi88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for peace of mind... i also talked to a nurse in the gynocology dept. here at my school... she said the same thing, but she also said i could take plan b if i really wanted to, and so i talked to my boyfriend and we decided that i should go ahead and do it... anyway, i'm not terribly worried abt side effects bc some periods i deal with pretty strong versions of all those symptoms even without a pill. but i'm definitely going on some sort of hormonal bc soon, just to maybe make me feel better during my period and to avoid random freakouts like this.

thanks a lot for your help!

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.