Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » High HIV risk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: High HIV risk
darkwing
Neophyte
Member # 23636

Icon 9 posted      Profile for darkwing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there,

My problem is that i'm freaking out coz i was exposed to unprotected sex one week ago with a man i barely knew. I performed oral on him but i had very tiny cuts in my lips coz when he was kissing me he bit me. He ejaculated in my mouth, and now, one week after i have a sore throat, it hurts when i swallow. Im gonna soon get a HIV RNA test, i believe thats the one where u can have a diagnosis after 9-11 days after the risk exposure,coz i cannot wait 3 months waiting like i am.
My question is, is this sore throaht form the HIV, only 1 week after???

THanks a lot.

Posts: 20 | From: santo domingo | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While HIV could possibly be transmitted the way you described, I've never heard of it causing a sore throat. I have heard of that being a symptom of Gonorrhea and other STIs (And also the common cold -- it's possible your sore throat is not related to having sex.) so make sure you talk to your doctor and get all the appropriate tests.

In the future using a condom during oral sex will prevent this kind of anxiety. Hope everything goes well for you.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.